2013-2014 OEM HID Headlight Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]I'm sure I can figure out a fix for where the cut off should be. I am innovative when needed to be :)
It's pretty easy, there are 4 choices.:
1. Buy a 13+ Ford HID Headlight kit and install it in 20 minutes.
2. Send your headlights to someone who knows what they are doing for a retrofit.
3. Heat your headlights in the oven until you can pry/pull the lens cover off, retrofit a proper projector in it yourself and reseal the front lens. Then buy a set of HID bulbs, ballasts and a wiring harness.
4. Use aluminum tape over the front of your current setup to get a cut-off that doesn't blind incoming traffic. All you'll need to do then is whenever no one is in the oncoming lane, pull over, jump out and rip off the tape exposing the high beam. Then when another car comes towards you, pull over, cut off the lights so as not to blind them and reinstall more tape to get the proper cut off. Easie peasie.

mkelly984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also retrofit them with hid projectors yourself for really cheap. If your innovative then you could easily figure out how to do it. It's not that complicated I did it to my 11 headlights for under 300 bucks. Just need an oven and some patience.