2012 ford raptor status thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Based on what I've seen posted so far I think it's lame that the front camera will most likely require the nav option. The possibility of a Torsen front differential sounds nice though.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how would you observe the camera if you didnt have the navigation ????? the small ass 1 inch screen in the side mirror or the the one rear view mirror???? ill take the nice big nav screen anyday

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how would you observe the camera if you didnt have the navigation ????? the small ass 1 inch screen in the side mirror or the the one rear view mirror???? ill take the nice big nav screen anyday

What side mirror screen are you talking about? The spotter mirror?

You'd use the rear view mirror screen. Keep in mind I'm not saying that the front camera shouldn't be displayed on the nav screen if available. I'm just saying that if you can display the rear cam on the rearview mirror screen then why not the front cam as well for people who don't care about spending money on factory nav.

Some people understandably love the features of the factory nav and the integration, but others see the nav option as an overpriced waste of money when you can buy a nav unit with lifetime maps and traffic for about $100 and don't need or want the additional features that the factory nav option provides.

I don't like cheap convenience options that require larger more expensive options when it's seemingly unnecessary.

The image displayed on the rear view mirror screen has plenty of detail for me and it isn't like the camera provides a higher resolution to the nav screen.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy at work went to Decatur, Illinois this week for the 2011 Farm Progress Show. His co-op bought the John Deere Harvester demo combine. Even with a $25k discount from the full $480k, he was slightly annoyed that they didn't get the factory gold key.

There was a dirt oval and pickups available for low speed test driving after a license and background check. FoMoCo had a black SCrew Raptor on display, but it wasn't available for test drives. I'll ask next week if he got a snapshot of the Raptor, cause I'm thinking it was a 2012.

The show ran Aug 30 - Sept 1, so there might be a searchable image file. I haven't found it, yet.

DSC_0257.JPG | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

badger

Reaction score
Based on what I've seen posted so far I think it's lame that the front camera will most likely require the nav option. The possibility of a Torsen front differential sounds nice though.

i was about to order a '12 when i drove by a dealer with a '11 crew just how i would order - just by random luck we were visiting Madison Wi. They just got it in. I did not want a sunroof and did not want nav ($3500msrp saving). The truck was just like i wanted in black (vs tux black). they offered me 700 over invoice and gave me a great deal on my trade. the dealer i was going to order with sold 9 raptors last year and guaranteed me if i wanted a backup camera i needed to get nav. with the '12 msrp increase i was looking at 1200 plus 3500 over the 11 sitting on the lot. i bought it. it is great. backflip and bedrug going in this weekend.

i had a 08 f250 with backup and now my 11 raptor. i think the mirror lcd is plenty big for backing up. it is easy to look at as it is at eye level. the backup cam in the nav is pretty low res also. so i don't think the mirror lcd is bad at all. it is bigger than the 08 and i hooked up a lot of trailers with my superduty mirror lcd without ever having a problem.

my 2 cents

Last edited:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the dealer i was going to order with sold 9 raptors last year and guaranteed me if i wanted a backup camera i needed to get nav.

just a fyi, you can get a backup camera without nav. You just need the raptor plus package, but you can't get the raptor luxury package with the plus package. in '10 and '11 you could get plus and luxury. For '12 it's an either-or. Plus with backup camera and tbc, or luxury which I don't think includes the backup camera unless it's the front and rear camera option which does require nav.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Raptor come with floor mats standard, and if so, are they the all-weather rubber variety? Or should I order mats from Weather Tech? I'm already purchasing add-ons and mods for my 2012 to kill the time...

saleen970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Raptor come with floor mats standard, and if so, are they the all-weather rubber variety? Or should I order mats from Weather Tech? I'm already purchasing add-ons and mods for my 2012 to kill the time...

I have had the Weather Techs before and had planned to buy the Weather Techs before I got my truck but I really like the factory floor mats. They are rubber,fit well and stay in place. I would wait till you get the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.