'19 Being Built

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats man. My order is a bit of a special case but if it delivers next Friday like the tracker says, it will be right around the 7 week timeframe for the whole thing. Your mileage may vary.

The big question is, what’d ya get? What expensive boxes did ya check?
Congrats on yours as well! The truck was actually ordered by the dealer already and it just happened to be exactly what I wanted. Black/Black crew. 802A, Moonroof, carbon fiber pkg, raptor technology pkg, 17" forged wheels, spray in bed liner, rear heated seats, tailgate step, and No graphics.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I figured that time estimate sounded too good to be true. Oh well, I guess the anticipation along with the frustration is something I'll have to deal with.

It's all relative, and with the right variables six weeks isn't outside of reason. I just wouldn't do something silly like book plane tickets to pick your truck up. ;-)

Dealers are notoriously inaccurate (and that's pulling a punch). Once you get a VIN you can contact Ford Performance via chat, and their estimates should be more accurate. Though, as many will note, the accuracy of this process leaves much to be desired.

LordExplorer

Reaction score
I leave Sunday for vacation for two weeks, so if it takes longer then 4/3 that actually is okay! As long as its not into May. I was really hoping to have it for mud season

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all relative, and with the right variables six weeks isn't outside of reason. I just wouldn't do something silly like book plane tickets to pick your truck up. ;-)

Dealers are notoriously inaccurate (and that's pulling a punch). Once you get a VIN you can contact Ford Performance via chat, and their estimates should be more accurate. Though, as many will note, the accuracy of this process leaves much to be desired.
Mine took 9 weeks and that was during the period Ford's supplier had the big fire and production was down for a while.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My current truck was 1/28 order, 2/21 scheduled, 3/1 build. Unloaded at dealer 3/16/19.

jcolombotos

Reaction score
I had a 2011, loved that truck.

On paper the 2019 is better. new truck is ok But I really miss the old truck It’s just a different interaction. Guess I’m not a big fan of turbo Vehicles.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, after trolling for the last couple of
Only thing I'm skeptical about is trading my truck back, and getting the tax credit, or selling privately.
Any thoughts?

I almost always trade in due to the tax credit. Plus, when selling to an individual, one can always incur the possibility of said individual purchasing your vehicle having issues with said vehicle. Even if the vehicle is perfect when sold, issues can always arise. And that, is what I really don't want to deal with. Easier for the dealer to deal with than me.

Sam

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you cannot sell it for more than what they offer, plus the tax credit, just trade it in. The other option is to see what Carmax will give you when selling it to them. Their offer is almost always higher than a typical dealer offer, unless your truck is highly modified.

I always sell mine outright as it is pretty easy to get more than 6.25% (Texas sales tax) over the trade in offer. Plus, you really are not dealing on an equal footing when you trade. They can offer a seemingly bigger discount than other dealers, but low-ball on your trade to make up the difference. The only way to really compare dealer offers is to do it without a trade in the picture.

Dealers know it is a hassle to sell your existing vehicle when buying new, so they use that to their advantage when making their low trade-in offer.