18 Red 56k miles worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So?
Something like 97% of the trucks don’t have a problem with cam phasers. The ones that do... well, the repair procedure is a little bit intricate and takes a bit of effort. If you have a tech who is a craftsman working on the truck, probably not an issue. but if you get someone who’s not the best wrench, well, maybe not.

If you’re concerned, get a laser thermometer, make sure you have a cold soak start. Fire it up, if you don’t get the rattle, great. if you do, have the stealership fix it before any paperwork.

I think the $$$ is a little high, especially for a Ginger Raptor...
Other than that my only concern is 200.gif

WHY have you not begun negotiating the price on this truck yet?

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So?
Something like 97% of the trucks don’t have a problem with cam phasers. The ones that do... well, the repair procedure is a little bit intricate and takes a bit of effort. If you have a tech who is a craftsman working on the truck, probably not an issue. but if you get someone who’s not the best wrench, well, maybe not.

If you’re concerned, get a laser thermometer, make sure you have a cold soak start. Fire it up, if you don’t get the rattle, great. if you do, have the stealership fix it before any paperwork.

I think the $$$ is a little high, especially for a Ginger Raptor...
Other than that my only concern is View attachment 396515

WHY have you not begun negotiating the price on this truck yet?
#GingerRaptorsMatterToo

Besides...ever met a ginger that didn't need help in some form or another

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price is too high imo, and not knowing previous owners care of it, id be hesitant without the fix just in case, also pretty sure that color is available all years of gen 2 so its not rare.

Whitepony04

Reaction score
I like it. Depends on how clean it is in person. I over paid for my ‘20 but it is super clean and well taken care of with all service records.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Smart to sit on this one. The cam phasers are not “if”, but a “when”. It’s a design failure, but ford fixed via recall. But, that’s over now, so it would then be back out of pocket at $4500ish. I am going 13/14 and finding many under 45k miles.
No, they’re not. Don’t give out inaccurate information. Out of hundreds of thousands of vehicles only a small percentage have had the issue. Recall 21B10 prevents the issue so that’s what should be verified when looking at used trucks.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way 97 percent of trucks don't have cam phaser issues. Every single 17 or 18 3.5 that I have in my friends network (from raptors to lariats driven by my dads older friends) has had rattle. So had mine and its meticulously maintained.