High mileage ‘17 worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C7M7

Reaction score

High mileage being 80k+ what do you think they’re worth and if they’re actually worth buying without an extended warranty. I don’t see a lot of confidence in the long term of the 3.5 so what’s it actually worth in the long run?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I might consider 42-ish.
Actually ... I just might.

Rptrrob702

Reaction score
42-46K range. Focus on finding the one with the best maintenance records. I'd worry about having to swap the cam phasers and a timing job between 100-150k. If you stay on top of maintenance and don't absolutely abuse it all the time, they're very reliable.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
High mileage being 80k+ what do you think they’re worth and if they’re actually worth buying without an extended warranty. I don’t see a lot of confidence in the long term of the 3.5 so what’s it actually worth in the long run?
Based on what? It’s not worth less because of random posts on the internet. It’s an engine, maintenance and service history are key. If it had the recalls addressed and was properly maintained, then there is not a lot to worry about unless there are signs of abuse.

But don’t be the guy that drops 50k on a truck with an unknown service history and then come back complaining when something goes wrong.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Definitely not. Run away from this one… and any 17-20. Then, do your due diligence on cam phaser failures/repairs/warranty for that recall. Make sure the engine had 3k mile and l changes and 10k mile spark plug changes. Better yet, make sure it’s not eating oil.
Did you get the history (yes, an OASIS is needed on these since they have great detail)? Many ford lemon buybacks too to watch for.
I guess you mean 3k mile oil changes? 10k mile plugs? lol. Get a job.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SaaDefinitely not. Run away from this one… and any 17-20. Then, do your due diligence on cam phaser failures/repairs/warranty for that recall. Make sure the engine had 3k mile oil changes and 10k mile spark plug changes. Better yet, make sure it’s not eating oil.
Did you get the history (yes, an OASIS is needed on these since they have great detail)? Many ford lemon buybacks too to watch for.
200.gif