GEN 2 10" onx6 installation behind lower grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... I thought Washington state was bad... Geez you can't even have your lights without covers? Time to get into the voting booth and start doing some damage to all those control your life liberals... I keep trying up here hasn't done much good yet LOL

The VA General Assembly has had a republican majority in both the Senate and House of Delegates since the late 90s with the exception of a brief Democratic Senate Majority from 2008-11.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The VA General Assembly has had a republican majority in both the Senate and House of Delegates since the late 90s with the exception of a brief Democratic Senate Majority from 2008-11.

You say that like it makes a difference in the size of government or reach into our lives. It doesn’t. As someone who has lobbied at the general assembly, several years, the VSP has a near stranglehold on any motor related issues. About the only thing they have ever been opposed on by legislators that I can remember was attempting to make seat belt violations a primary offense and some tepid speed limit increases in -extremely- limited conditions. And, you can still go to jail for speeding over 80 mph here or 21 over the limit.

I don’t know how much of an issue they make of the front plate or uncovered lights as a matter of citations, but i know that MD uses front plate as a traffic stop excuse, and I got the $75 fine and points to prove it.

My question and concern was around the VA inspections and whether or not the locals make a traffic stop issue of uncovered, non DOT lights.

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine installed. Real easy. A real nice addition to my fog lights from www.fordraptorlights.com which are the Rigid Dually Spot on inside, Rigid Dullay Flood in middle, and then the KC FLEX. The OnX6 appears more yellow in this pic then it does in real life.

How does the color from the Onx6 blend with the Rigid Dually's? I've got a pair Dually Side Shooter floods already mounted on the hood and am looking to add the Onx6 lower grill kit.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

You say that like it makes a difference in the size of government or reach into our lives. It doesn’t. As someone who has lobbied at the general assembly, several years, the VSP has a near stranglehold on any motor related issues. About the only thing they have ever been opposed on by legislators that I can remember was attempting to make seat belt violations a primary offense and some tepid speed limit increases in -extremely- limited conditions. And, you can still go to jail for speeding over 80 mph here or 21 over the limit.

I don’t know how much of an issue they make of the front plate or uncovered lights as a matter of citations, but i know that MD uses front plate as a traffic stop excuse, and I got the $75 fine and points to prove it.

My question and concern was around the VA inspections and whether or not the locals make a traffic stop issue of uncovered, non DOT lights.

Read the quote I was replying to.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Note that I updated Post 45 in this thread.

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Pr...20268&CartID=1

UPDATED 8/7/17.....the ones above do not work. They are slightly off and will let the grill pop off with minor effort.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

How does the color from the Onx6 blend with the Rigid Dually's?

The color down the road (up against a dark wall) all looks about the same to me. I like the way the OnX6 is focused with strongest light right in the middle so when running it with Dually spots they give good, broad distance coverage. Others have the same set up so they may chime in as well.

Grayden

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank Hamster and others for the info. Received and installed it today in about 45 minuets. The light is high quality and the wiring harness and mount kit is priceless. This is one of the easiest things ive ever installed. Also want to thank Nick @ Apollo optics for a great deal and fast shipping!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank Hamster and others for the info. Received and installed it today in about 45 minuets. The light is high quality and the wiring harness and mount kit is priceless. This is one of the easiest things ive ever installed. Also want to thank Nick @ Apollo optics for a great deal and fast shipping!

Thank you for the support!! Glad we could help get you setup!

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to look again. You MIGHT be able to get another 1/2" but it'd take some drilling and messing with the bracket. I'd be leery to try. Here's some pics of it. First is from front and next two are sides showing how the light mounts and is adjustable. By the way, now that I aimed it up a bit more, it's crazy bright. Really long throw. 4d21e78645cf88fc4c8a9db65ce19813.jpgf170ce349a207c6f8a2829a4544e579f.jpg0d3b1f972868daa49f04bc4ff2c276de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you run the wiring once the Onyx was in the grill? In front of the shutters upward? It seems like it might be in the way of those things closing please let me know thanks

OP
OP
J

JDog

Reaction score
Where did you run the wiring once the Onyx was in the grill? In front of the shutters upward? It seems like it might be in the way of those things closing please let me know thanks

i weasled it through on the passenger side. If I recall, there's a piece of plastic/rubber that seals up the intercooler area, but you can squeeze the wire through there and run it up to the battery behind the headlight. Took a bit to shove it through and then fish it up.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i weasled it through on the passenger side. If I recall, there's a piece of plastic/rubber that seals up the intercooler area, but you can squeeze the wire through there and run it up to the battery behind the headlight. Took a bit to shove it through and then fish it up.

That's what I'm trying to do I went to the left front part of the bumper now I'm just trying to figure out a way to get it up by the battery. Thanks though

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the ones I bought and used on my lower front grill. They are slightly larger than the OEM ones, but work perfectly:

25 Ford Front Door Scuff Plate Retainer F7UZ-1513284-BA

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040CVVQG/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apap_KdGyN2F9E5cgP

These worked great! Thanks for sharing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter