GEN 2 10" onx6 installation behind lower grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JDog

Reaction score
I cut off the 4 tabs in the instructions.....just the tabs not the whole "block" that the tab is part of.

Wish I had known that before. Really need to be in the BD instructions or they need to provide (8) clips with the package.

Yeah. They're nasty little clips for sure. Maybe I did cut off al four. I must have and just didn't remember. Either way, pretty easy install and super bright. I used it at the lease this weekend and was glad to have the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. They're nasty little clips for sure. Maybe I did cut off al four. I must have and just didn't remember. Either way, pretty easy install and super bright. I used it at the lease this weekend and was glad to have the light.

Agree that great light and easy install....clips on grill not a big deal at all. I have not used mine yet except to light up some dark underground parking garages....with the fogs from Raptor Lights it is like daylight.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got mine installed. Real easy. A real nice addition to my fog lights from www.fordraptorlights.com which are the Rigid Dually Spot on inside, Rigid Dullay Flood in middle, and then the KC FLEX. The OnX6 appears more yellow in this pic then it does in real life.

Attachments

• Hamster_3.jpg
    Hamster_3.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 65

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Got mine installed. Real easy. A real nice addition to my fog lights from www.fordraptorlights.com which are the Rigid Dually Spot on inside, Rigid Dullay Flood in middle, and then the KC FLEX. The OnX6 appears more yellow in this pic then it does in real life.

@hamster, what are you doing for state inspection? VA is a PITA state, every mounted light has to work, or be covered.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@hamster, what are you doing for state inspection? VA is a PITA state, every mounted light has to work, or be covered.

So got inspected then installed the lights. My inspector is a little lax, but if he changes his mind.....then quick removal at the bumper with the vendor disconnects. Total of 10 nuts to remove them all. Deal with it next May or so.

PS: There is a cover for the OnX6 so would probably slap that on instead of removing. There are covers for other lights, but have to loosen up single mount bolts, slide back and install, then remove cover and realign after inspection. PITA either way, but worth it for me.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I hear you. I’ve got another plan. I just started putting things together for more lights, and covers are figuring into the plan.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow... I thought Washington state was bad... Geez you can't even have your lights without covers? Time to get into the voting booth and start doing some damage to all those control your life liberals... I keep trying up here hasn't done much good yet LOL

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Wow... I thought Washington state was bad... Geez you can't even have your lights without covers? Time to get into the voting booth and start doing some damage to all those control your life liberals... I keep trying up here hasn't done much good yet LOL

Yeah, pretty much everyone else who thinks they have it bad regarding laws takes a back seat to VA. The commonwealth has been curtailing freedom since 1607...

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you. I’ve got another plan. I just started putting things together for more lights, and covers are figuring into the plan.

Maybe I will just make a temp cover for the entire fog light hole in the bumper and velco it on...... :ROFLJest:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter