GEN 2 10" light bar for fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I do, I want the 12" setup but not sure if I want amber to run with DRL's or white for night driving ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I'd go with the white if you were to pick one or the other. But I can also speak with DD and see if they could customize the bar to do one 6" section in amber and one 6" section in white. Would you be interested in something like that?

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd go with the white if you were to pick one or the other. But I can also speak with DD and see if they could customize the bar to do one 6" section in amber and one 6" section in white. Would you be interested in something like that?

Yes sir.. thx

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know when u find out .. thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just completed the 10" fog installation today. I've had the lightds for several weeks, just needed the time. Took a good bit of time to figure our how I wanted to mount them. Ended up just using 1-1/2" aluminum angle. Spent about 9 hours total to fabricate the mounts just the way I wanted, paint, and wire up. Mounts came out pretty nice as they are tapered near the outer ends to fit with some additional width. I was going to mount some honeycomb grill mesh to fill out the void space, but it got too complicated, i didnt have a good metal break to bend nice seems, and I was comcerned the execution woukd look tacky. Also I wasnt sire how to keep the mesh from rattling against the bumper from driving vibrations. Looks good enough bare.

I went with the 10" Rigid SR Diffused. Diffused is designed at 60 degree light throw. Figured this would be best for the angle of the bumper pointing the lights to the sides. When I tested at night the angle leaves about a truck width section only partially illuminated. Of course this area is filled with headlight low beams and really lights up with the brights. The 5600 lumen floods combined with the headlights cover a very wide range. Definitely easy to see while cornering.

I will try to get some decent pics up for those interested in this option for fogs.

I really like the amber option for back ligting. Didnt know how those worked so I just went with the 10" diffused.

Can you run the diffused lights with normal headlights or does it still blind oncoming drivers

Elite_KG

Reaction score
Can you run the diffused lights with normal headlights or does it still blind oncoming drivers

Been running mine for a few weeks off and on. Never been flashed once. I think since they dont point straight forward and are mounted low ot is not a problem for other drivers.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score