1.5 perch collar - shop suggest rear lift as well?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bwahahahahaha. Holy Crap!!!!! OMG!!!!! If I was drinking a Mocha Frappocino when I read this post it would’ve flew out of my mouth. Let me get this straight…..and please please correct me if i”m wrong. The OP probably paid ridiculous ADM for a 37 Raptor and he’s taking it straight to a reputable shop. At the shop he’s easily spending thousands and thousands for wheels, paint match, tint, bed cover, etc….. (and of course labor). With all this money going out he’s worried about a few hundred $$$$ give or take in the event that the truck needs rear spacers? Seriously…..am I missing something here? Get the truck done the way you want without the spacers in the rear. If you feel you need them later how much difference monetarily can it really be, $100 or so? Rear spacers are not that difficult. Is this post for real? Are we all being punked? C’mom man!

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t asking about money or cost - I was asking if it was needed. As if it would be leveled already enough and not even needed.
The Gen3 suspension is different than Gen2 - I was hoping to have some one who had done this give me advice. Thankfully someone reached out via DM and had a similar experience. He was friendly enough to help.
I am not sure why people are out to bash and make fun of others for what they want to do what they’re truck.

And no - the install and part was 1k. That’s a lot of money to **** away for an experiment when I can simply ask for help in a forum of people who have the same truck and want to shed light on these decisions.

MookeyB37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t asking about money or cost - I was asking if it was needed. As if it would be leveled already enough and not even needed.
The Gen3 suspension is different than Gen2 - I was hoping to have some one who had done this give me advice. Thankfully someone reached out via DM and had a similar experience. He was friendly enough to help.
I am not sure why people are out to bash and make fun of others for what they want to do what they’re truck.

And no - the install and part was 1k. That’s a lot of money to **** away for an experiment when I can simply ask for help in a forum of people who have the same truck and want to shed light on these decisions.
Wishful thinking bro… your post def lured out the forum Dbags that are only here to troll posts and talk shit.
Apparently they’ve never heard of “to each their own”

Why would you put 22” wheels on an off road truck and paint match fenders, blah blah blah. The same argument can be made with who would ever pay $85k on a truck and take it off road to beat it up.

Don’t let these chooches get under your skin. The point of a forum is for people to help people….

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man - exactly as I have my truck back at the shop and they are putting on the rear perch adjustment because it didn’t sit correctly. So hopefully someone reading this can gain some knowledge and save some time.

The shop actually put a 2.25 in the front and initially wanted to put an 1 inch in rear. They ordered the wrong front collar and said for free they would do the rear. My truck already sat higher than my last one because of the 37s and my wife was afraid she would have to take a running head start to jump in so I opted to not do it.

Fast forward 3 weeks and the truck is back getting the .75 foutz in the rear as it was squatting too much.

If this doesn’t work and make it perfect I will have them put the 1.5 in the front for me but I think it going to be fine.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you need to raise the front to level the rear why in the world would you add anything to the rear? I went with 2.25 on the front and it was Carolina Squat. It was said to level the truck which it did not. I went 1.5 and it was perfect. This is on a Gen2 so it might not be the same for you. Please don't do the rims or painted fenders. Maybe 18's at best.

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2.25 in front and the .75 in back - to me it’s perfect and not changing it.

I am running very aggressive fitments and the truck looks like it needed the added room in front

blue22raptor

Reaction score
Hey @Wizo , do you have any new pics of the setup? My truck is the 35 package, but I have the SVC 1.5” fronts and 1” spacers for the rear (as I have a toolbox full of tools in the back). I have an appt in 2 weeks to get them installed...just wanted to see how your truck turned out!

blue22raptor

Reaction score
WOW! What an awesome truck you have. Love all the paint matching and wheel/tire setup! (I’ve got the same wheels in bronze, VERY popular wheel for F150’s in general). Forget all the idiots on here giving you crap about the wheels/tires. It’s called style. Most Guy’s are totally happy with the small stock wheels (ItS BeTTeR FoR OffRoAdInG ) but I like to make all of my vehicles stand out! And my nice, new, expensive truck will take me anywhere I would want it to go!
I also never understood why Ford wanted to introduce a third color on the fenders, grill and bumpers. Looks odd to me. I get it, it looks tough?? No, it looks like an afterthought. Would have been nice if they just did all that in matte or satin black, to match all the other black accents that are already on the truck....Anyhow, Your truck is super clean. Congrats on the build!