1.5 perch collar - shop suggest rear lift as well?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks -

My truck gets here tomorrow morning. It’s a 37 lead foot. I am taking it to a reputable shop to do the work. Wheels, paint match, tint, bedcover etc.

He is telling me that with the 22 inch wheels and -13 offset we will need to install the 1.5 perch collars and suggests that I need to raise the rear an inch to match. My last 2 raptors that I modified did not need any raise in the rear after perch collars as it sat dead even.

Do you think it’s needed? He said it’s cheaper for me and easier to do it all at the same time…so I have to make up my mind when I drop it off Friday for the work to be done.

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 2 Raptors (Gen2) both black and one Shelby F150 that was Magnetic.
I only like Black and if I got a different color, such as LeadFoot - to me the trim does not look good. So it’s personal preference and it definitely doesn’t look like a XLt to me.

Both my Gen2 trucks had 35 tires and looked great with 20’inch wheels. In fact much better to me than the 17 inch wheels. After seeing a truck with 37tires and 22 inch wheels; the sidewalls and wheel vs tire looked the same. Either way - I am asking about the rear suspension as I didn’t think I would need to adjust as the truck has rake already and the 1.5 perch would make level. My guy is saying otherwise and I was asking for some help with that.

SMIKE

Reaction score
I've measured two trucks in person, one had 1.2" of rake, the other had 1.6" of rake. I'd measure your truck on flat level ground and see what your rake is. That will help you decide.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why someone would put 22” rims on an off-road truck is beyond me… but I guess you have no intention of serious off-roading

agerman

Reaction score
I have had 2 Raptors (Gen2) both black and one Shelby F150 that was Magnetic.
I only like Black and if I got a different color, such as LeadFoot - to me the trim does not look good. So it’s personal preference and it definitely doesn’t look like a XLt to me.

Both my Gen2 trucks had 35 tires and looked great with 20’inch wheels. In fact much better to me than the 17 inch wheels. After seeing a truck with 37tires and 22 inch wheels; the sidewalls and wheel vs tire looked the same. Either way - I am asking about the rear suspension as I didn’t think I would need to adjust as the truck has rake already and the 1.5 perch would make level. My guy is saying otherwise and I was asking for some help with that.
There was another thread with a similar discussion that the consensus was the 1.5 collar will get you to the level stance or close to it. There is a guy on here with a really nice white one with 2.25 collars for larger tires but also modified the rear slightly to keep it level.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks -

My truck gets here tomorrow morning. It’s a 37 lead foot. I am taking it to a reputable shop to do the work. Wheels, paint match, tint, bedcover etc.

He is telling me that with the 22 inch wheels and -13 offset we will need to install the 1.5 perch collars and suggests that I need to raise the rear an inch to match. My last 2 raptors that I modified did not need any raise in the rear after perch collars as it sat dead even.

Do you think it’s needed? He said it’s cheaper for me and easier to do it all at the same time…so I have to make up my mind when I drop it off Friday for the work to be done.
Yes, your shop is correct. If you do not raise the rear of the truck, you will have much more gap (from top of tire to fender) than the back.
I always laugh that when people raise the front of their truck and call it a “level” kit. It in no way levels the truck… it’s well on its way to Carolina squat.

Last edited: