1.5” Collars vs 1.0” Eibach springs, I HAVE USED BOTH…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry, don't know anything about Gen 3 tire specs. Had 37 Coopers on my Gen 1, now have 37 Armstrong Mud Dogs, including a 37 spare underneath. Would definitely buy either one again. For my Gen 1.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ended up getting RPG collars installed yesterday.

My dealer and local truck shops all suggested collars vs springs. So I went with their recommendation. I am happy to report that my truck came out prefect. I have 3/4 tank of gas and my front is lower than my rear. I am happy with its looks.

Many people have said collars ride like stock. That is somewhat true. I personally thought "normal" suspension mode was too soft for daily driving. In normal mode, when I drive, I can see my passengers all moving around as the truck swayed...lol. So I usually drive in baja mode to keep my passengers more level during turns.

To me, the RPG coil spacer makes the truck in NORMAL suspension mode, feel like its sport suspension mode. Maybe even at Baja suspension mode firmness...

I have not had a chance to run into a dip or launch off anything at speed to feel/hear that "top out" or whatever it was called, that others reported. But so far, it sitting level and rides much like sport mode feels. I look forward to taking this on the trail to see how that feels.

If they dont work out, I will try springs next. But so far, I am happy with the collars.

This is a bad photo to use. The driveway is slanted. But thats about how it looks now. I need some bigger tires!

View attachment 423529
Baja mode is softer than normal mode, lol. No wonder they sway more.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baja mode is softer than normal mode, lol. No wonder they sway more.
Huh? Baja mode suspension in mine feels the firmest of them all? Normal is like a boat. Sport is tighter and Baja on mine feels the most stiff?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want 37's but I dont want KO2's. They look too skinny to me. Looking at 37" KM3's but worried they might look skinny like a 37 KO2 does. I also wouldn't mind trying a Toyo or Nitto 37 if I could fit the spare where it it. But I dont think either the Toyo or Nitto 37 RT tire will fit in the spare location. Going in circles trying to choose a wheel and tire.
37" KO2's from the 37 package do look skinny, but the D load 37 KO2's look wider. Skip the C load if you want KO2's. The difference between C and D is minimal, but I would definitely stay away from E loads.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
37" KO2's from the 37 package do look skinny, but the D load 37 KO2's look wider. Skip the C load if you want KO2's. The difference between C and D is minimal, but I would definitely stay away from E loads.
Ditto, I was going to say this as well. The load D 37 ko2 looks about the same width as the stock 35’s. The load C 37 ko2 looks skinny. The 37 km3 does not look skinny either.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditto, I was going to say this as well. The load D 37 ko2 looks about the same width as the stock 35’s. The load C 37 ko2 looks skinny. The 37 km3 does not look skinny either.

Thank you for confirming this. I did not want a skinny 37 KM3. Thank god for this news. This helps. Now I just need to pick wheels. Thank you.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a picture of both side by side showing the difference, I'll see if I can find it. It's pretty significant in appearance.

Left is D load, right is C. Same size 37x12.50R1770059734376__EB5C9330-757C-4B9F-9888-2F344CE8BDA9.jpeg

Last edited: