‘19 with 2.5” lift, now rides horrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Larry Morgan

Reaction score
Oh Larry, why are you so interested in ****** orientation in Washington? You got a trip planned there and wondering how easy it will be to find you some
“buddies”? This is not the site for that but I’m sure you could google one.

let’s work on our ability to have technical discussions. For example, saying X is better than Y isn’t useful. Try adding the criteria that makes it superior. “X is better at clearing high objects in the center of the trail than Y. However X is worse on side slopes at not tipping over” Make sense? This may be harder for those in the South...

But I’m a guy willing to spend $15K after I buy the $70K truck so it has a winch, better bumpers, slightly bigger tires, and is much more capable than stock.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And when they do the frame cut for that lift kit your truck will no longer be able to survive being jumped. What a waste.

OP
OP
L

Larry Morgan

Reaction score
And when they do the frame cut for that lift kit your truck will no longer be able to survive being jumped. What a waste.

My advice is to buy a trophy truck if you want to jump a truck. I’ll sell you one.

The Raptor is not built to jump, it really isn’t. It’s a good all around truck.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually, I was questioning your sexuality since you have a very feminine view of your “stock” Ford trucks.

Lifting the front of a truck 2” will not amount to a hill of beans regard rollover.

Trucks should look good. The Ford Raptor looks good, but with a few tweaks it looks much better, is more capable in real world application, and doesn’t sacrifice anything important.

arguments aside there are a few gen 1’s and plenty of other trucks that have ripped the front axles out when the suspension is at full droop with top spacers. This is because the spacer allows the suspension to droop further than intended. You can run a top spacer but it’s not ideal if you plan on fully cycling the suspension. For street use and minor off road you probably can go many miles without issue. Bilstein has this handy diagram to show the difference
bilstein_5100_lift.jpg

Last edited:

BigDawg

Reaction score
Actually, I was questioning your sexuality since you have a very feminine view of your “stock” Ford trucks.

Where have I expressed any views on any ford trucks? Are you projecting some feelings onto me or something? I’m sorry Larry, you seem like a nice enough guy but I don’t swing that way. Let’s keep the talk to trucks here.

... and read the previous responses and let me know what I said. You’re slipping little guy!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Totally cured the issue! Rides like stock now.

I’m taking it to Ford in the morning to calibrate the shocks for giggles, then she’s done.

I haven't read every reply here, except the insult's about home states. I gotta say the "any heterosexuals left" comment was pretty funny. I think I heard the "teeth brush" one when I was in 5th grade.

Anyway, wasn't there a guy here that had a small link come loose on a '19, seemed like it was supposed to feed the computer what the current height of the suspension and adjust shock valving accordingly? It would seem if you raise the ride height you would need to adjust the little arm accordingly? Glad you got it resolved, I am just thinking out loud.

Maybe the links were telling the shock computer the truck was flying through the air the whole time and bracing for a landing? lol