Ride quality changed after new tires but it's not tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love to find out if you find the culprit or what your fix turns out to be, I have a similar situation, 2017 raptor with 17” methods and stock KO2 tires with excellent ride quality, I went to swap out the center caps on the methods with flush method brand center caps and my ride quality went down the toilet, had the tires rotated and balanced, minimal improvement, swapped back to old center caps, no change, feels like the balance is way off, gets worse the faster you go I still have plenty of tread life left in the tires,

I’ve tired changing pressures from the stock 38 psi all the way around to 36, to 38/36, nothing helps,

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would love to find out if you find the culprit or what your fix turns out to be, I have a similar situation, 2017 raptor with 17” methods and stock KO2 tires with excellent ride quality, I went to swap out the center caps on the methods with flush method brand center caps and my ride quality went down the toilet, had the tires rotated and balanced, minimal improvement, swapped back to old center caps, no change, feels like the balance is way off, gets worse the faster you go I still have plenty of tread life left in the tires,

I’ve tired changing pressures from the stock 38 psi all the way around to 36, to 38/36, nothing helps,

Were the tires Road Force balanced?

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, smart policy. I got a ration of shaming here for being a hard ass about zero impact wrench use. I had a lug stripped previously, but according to some on FRF, that never happens, even when it does happen to someone on FRF, with pics. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Watch them closely and question behavior that is questionable.

Let me speak for all techs in the world that we love it when customers "watch us closely and question behavior that is questionable"

I also love it when customers question me doing something a certain way and say they read on the forums that you are suppose to do it a different way.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Let me speak for all techs in the world that we love it when customers "watch us closely and question behavior that is questionable"

I also love it when customers question me doing something a certain way and say they read on the forums that you are suppose to do it a different way.

That just warms my heart to hear, because I thoroughly enjoy making others I’m paying to do a service happy. I’m also overjoyed to hear that you appreciate being questioned about doing something a certain way at the request of your employer / client.

:cheers:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

What are you trying to hide? :)

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That just warms my heart to hear, because I thoroughly enjoy making others I’m paying to do a service happy. I’m also overjoyed to hear that you appreciate being questioned about doing something a certain way at the request of your employer / client.

:cheers:

Haha. Thats ok. Just shows the type of person you are. Does watching and questioning things help finish the job faster? Maybe they just do it different from what you consider "questionable" behavior. I wouldn't treat others that way, but thats just me. I'm sure most people have dealt with a boss hovering over them, most of the time it doesnt help things go smoothly or faster.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Haha. Thats ok. Just shows the type of person you are. Does watching and questioning things help finish the job faster? Maybe they just do it different from what you consider "questionable" behavior. I wouldn't treat others that way, but thats just me. I'm sure most people have dealt with a boss hovering over them, most of the time it doesnt help things go smoothly or faster.

It certainly has prevented me from having lug nuts impacted on 2 - maybe 3 cars, and another 2 trucks and as we’ve seen on here by other posters, the price for letting a tech who’s uneasy about supervision from the person paying their salary is usually the one cutting corners.

I think your reticence shows the kind of tech you are(n’t)