Backup warning sound has changed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highpox1

Reaction score
(2019 Raptor). My backup warning sound has changed. Normally the sound comes thru the speakers, and is quite loud. Now two things have changed. When I start up, I get 4 warning beeps, and then when I backup near an object my sound comes thru a little speaker by the steering wheel. I uploaded a video-the truck is up against a wall to illustrate this new sound. Note the 4 'ding dongs' I get when it's started up, then when I shift to reverse the little speaker at the front gives off this weird warning sound. It's super fast because I am right up on the wall. It's slower when I'm further away. What I think is happening is the warning sound is NOT making it thru to the speakers, and this is the alternate sound. Is this a setting I need to reset (bluetooth?), or is there another reason why this has changed? Thanks

Attachments

• Raptor Sound.mp4
    6.7 MB

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This can happen for many reasons but usually clears up in a key cycle or two unless there is a bigger issue. I'd recommend using Forscan if you have it and check for codes, especially anything related to speakers or the ACM

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Also, if the truck starts with chimes through the center speaker, it will remain that way for the entire key cycle; that is, until you shut down and restart, the chimes and alerts will come through the center speaker.

Another thing you can easily check to see if battery might be an issue is the passenger side ‘intelligent entry’. It gets disabled pretty early on in the suspected low battery voltage condition.

Any mods to the truck?
if the stereo was upgraded, the audio controller interfaces allow you to select whether chimes go through main speakers or center speaker. I think this can also be selected in FORSCAN.

it’s not necessarily a bad option. I replaced my Sony system with new amp, speakers, signal processor and sub. It works great 99.5% of the time. However, if I inadvertently set off the chimes while tunes are blaring more than half volume, chimes will interrupt very, very, very loudly... Sort of like, putting in gear with parking brake set, or in gear with a door ajar, etc.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been going on for the entire time I've owned it. At first it freaked me out thinking something was broken, now I just shrug and it goes away eventually after a cycle or two.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 does the same thing at times and goes back to normal for a while lol---weird!!