Ticking/Squeak after getting new KO2 tires. Anyone recognize this noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisV

Reaction score
I got new KO2s today and after I left the shop I noticed this ticking. I think maybe it’s the wheel weights rubbing on something? Anyone ever hear this before or have this happen after new tires?

Video uploaded. Sorry for the loud wind, if you turn up your volume you can hear the tick/squeaking.

Attachments

• IMG_3956.mov
    15.8 MB

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a car years ago that had chrome caps on the lug nut. After some of the caps came loose from the nut itself, they would make a ticking/clicking sound at low speeds.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can hear the tick. Check for rocks in tje tread first although it doesn't really sound like a rock

If something is scraping at that particular point, you should be able to poke around the wheelwell and inside the wheel and see some fresh bare metal. Dust shields, stickon weights,...

Also, like @aandrews109 said, look at those lugnuts. if they are stock ones, the chrome cap is known to cause some heartache

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter