‘19 with 2.5” lift, now rides horrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40's would have way more rotating mass and be way less capable for the Raptors designed mission, which is high speed off-roading. Slower acceleration, slower suspension cycling, bouncier ride, ****** up geometry, higher center of gravity....that's how you set yourself up to flip the truck and come home on a flatbed.

Bigger doesn't equal better, at least when it comes to performance. Parking lot photo-ops might be a different story.

OP
OP
L

Larry Morgan

Reaction score
40's would have way more rotating mass and be way less capable for the Raptors designed mission, which is high speed off-roading. Slower acceleration, slower suspension cycling, bouncier ride, ****** up geometry, higher center of gravity....that's how you set yourself up to flip the truck and come home on a flatbed.

Bigger doesn't equal better, at least when it comes to performance. Parking lot photo-ops might be a different story.

Actually, Ford has made a valiant attempt to make a truck that performs well at higher speeds over rough terrain AND will scale rocks reasonably well.

Larger tires - within reason - look better, period. The 37’s really don’t sacrifice anything noticeable.

It’s subjective. This Raptor is no trophy truck, I know this well. It’s a good truck for $70K. It’s the best on the market, for what it is.

But I have improved mine - I always improve my trucks. I think the Eibach’s and a Ford recal on the suspension will fix the ride.

BigDawg

Reaction score
I see you’re from Washington. Are there any heterosexuals left out there?

Oh Larry, why are you so interested in ****** orientation in Washington? You got a trip planned there and wondering how easy it will be to find you some
“buddies”? This is not the site for that but I’m sure you could google one.

let’s work on our ability to have technical discussions. For example, saying X is better than Y isn’t useful. Try adding the criteria that makes it superior. “X is better at clearing high objects in the center of the trail than Y. However X is worse on side slopes at not tipping over” Make sense? This may be harder for those in the South...

OP
OP
L

Larry Morgan

Reaction score
Oh Larry, why are you so interested in ****** orientation in Washington? You got a trip planned there and wondering how easy it will be to find you some
“buddies”? This is not the site for that but I’m sure you could google one.

let’s work on our ability to have technical discussions. For example, saying X is better than Y isn’t useful. Try adding the criteria that makes it superior. “X is better at clearing high objects in the center of the trail than Y. However X is worse on side slopes at not tipping over” Make sense? This may be harder for those in the South...

Actually, I was questioning your sexuality since you have a very feminine view of your “stock” Ford trucks.

Lifting the front of a truck 2” will not amount to a hill of beans regard rollover.

Trucks should look good. The Ford Raptor looks good, but with a few tweaks it looks much better, is more capable in real world application, and doesn’t sacrifice anything important.