How I got here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I would share my story of how my Raptor purchase came to be. My first truck was a 2003 F-150 Supercrew FX4. I modded the truck a bit with a 6" lift and actually had the same tires that the Raptor comes stock with on it so I already knew what good tires they are. It was an amazing truck for 8 years. Here is a picture of it.

1196918.jpg

Around October of last year I decided it was time for a change. I decided on a vehicle I wanted since 2000. A second generation Lightning. I searched for 2 months to find one I liked with low mileage. I found one in December that met my criteria. On December 31 I traded in my white truck for a red 2003 Lightning with 30,000 miles on it.

IMG00062-20110102-1225.jpg

Now the sad part. Six days after I bought the truck a lady decided to shoot the gap crossing a 4 lane highway. Her decision was the wrong one. I t-***** her going 45 mph. She learned what Built Ford Tough is all about. Here is the aftermath.

IMG00064-20110106-0912.jpg

IMG00065-20110106-0912.jpg

IMG00066-20110106-0934.jpg

After dealing with the insurance companies and getting paid for the Lightning I had to find another vehicle. I searched for about a week for another Lightning but my heart just wasn't in it. I then started looking for anything that I would love driving. I already knew I liked the Raptor since it first came out but felt I should try something else. After a month of searching nothing looked promising to me except the Raptor. I placed my order on February 12th. We all know what happened after that with delays and such. I picked up my Raptor yesterday and could not be happier. Thanks for all the encouragement and help while I waited guys. Here are the Raptor pics.

raptor4.jpg

raptor3.jpg

raptor2.jpg

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
everything happens for a reason man! glad you made the right choice and found the right forum in the meantime :D she looks sexy....

Waya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my story man. I had a decked out 2008 fj trail teams edition and some jack ass ran a red light and totaled me out. Was gonna get another fj but my heart wasnt in it any more. So here i am with my raptor and couldn't be happier. Still ******* with insurance company though to see who is paying my medical since the ******* who hit me didn't have insurance and a stolen gun, stolen hand cuffs and a tag belonging to a different car on it.

Waya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn just realized we are both in GA must be something about Ga drivers.

OP
OP
F

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my story man. I had a decked out 2008 fj trail teams edition and some jack ass ran a red light and totaled me out. Was gonna get another fj but my heart wasnt in it any more. So here i am with my raptor and couldn't be happier. Still ******* with insurance company though to see who is paying my medical since the ******* who hit me didn't have insurance and a stolen gun, stolen hand cuffs and a tag belonging to a different car on it.

Luckily she had insurance. I'm still dealing with whip lash though. The doc shot cortisone in my neck last week and it has helped.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL I see you made it here. Welcome!

<--penguin on the [H]

Everyone: He's got a Blue GT500 as well. He'll fit right in.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the Raptor, that blows about the L, not too many low mileage ones left.

OP
OP
F

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the Raptor, that blows about the L, not too many low mileage ones left.

I just imagine the two guys that owned it before I did just babied the truck. Never drove it much, just let it sit in the garage. I get it for 6 days and bam! Totaled. If they only knew... :greenchainsaw: