Broken Sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get in contact with Crystal now. Don't know if I need to leave the truck there or if I can pick it up. I'm sure as hell not giving them $2,300 to fix it!

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update!

Still haven't talked to Crystal but I'm not dealing with the dealership at all. The diagnosis was that plastic clips on the track were broken requiring the whole track to be replaced at a $1,149.15 for the tracks only! The glass and module do not need to be replaced. The dealership also wanted the truck for 2 - 3 days, which is total ******** for 6 hrs of labor.

I found this company online, The Sunroof Doctor. Talked to them as they have the tracks listed for $119. They also found a local company in Corpus Christi to do the work for........ $625.68 parts and labor and the guy does 2 a week he said. And he only needs the truck for 1 day!!!

Here's a link for the part.
2000-2012 Ford F150 / F250 / F350 / Expedition Sunroof Repair Kit

For the first time today, I'm not pissed off.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still haven't talked to Crystal but I'm not dealing with the dealership at all. The diagnosis was that plastic clips on the track were broken requiring the whole track to be replaced at a $1,149.15 for the tracks only! The glass and module do not need to be replaced. The dealership also wanted the truck for 2 - 3 days, which is total ******** for 6 hrs of labor.

I found this company online, The Sunroof Doctor. Talked to them as they have the tracks listed for $119. They also found a local company in Corpus Christi to do the work for........ $625.68 parts and labor and the guy does 2 a week he said. And he only needs the truck for 1 day!!!

Yeah ford does not sell the plastic parts in the track separately, the dealership will always replace the track as thats the only oem option they have.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine is at the dealership now for the sunroof and is still under warranty. However comma they have to take photos to send to ford to decide if they will fix it under warranty. They are worried that they will kick it back due to my mods. Because we all know shocks cause the sun roof to break.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is at the dealership now for the sunroof and is still under warranty. However comma they have to take photos to send to ford to decide if they will fix it under warranty. They are worried that they will kick it back due to my mods. Because we all know shocks cause the sun roof to break.

More than likely the tune, they cause everything to break .

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've used this exact kit on my 2003 f150 and I would recommend it. Hardest part was dropping the headliner, but other than that the kit worked great.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did that on my dad's F350 FX4 Dually SD. I borrowed it last year to tow a trailer and 4 wheeler to where we were going on a ski weekend. I attempted to open it when it was frozen shut. My stupid mistake. The kit worked out really nice and I followed instructions I found to drop the headliner and swap it out. Not fun but better than eating a stealership charge.