Question about resale and depreciation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor will always depreciate less than Platinum because Raptor is more appealing to younger buyers than Platinum.

I agree. Production numbers alone just keep Raptor's at such a premium unless Platinums are unicorns also?

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in the DFW I see a lot of 40+ year old men driving Raptors, not necessarily for the young due to the sticker price. Crazy to see sales prices on 13'/'14 Raptors with high mileage. Like someone already posted, time will tell.

Now if Ford comes out with a V8 Raptor next, all Gen 2 owners will probably be screwed.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here in the DFW I see a lot of 40+ year old men driving Raptors, not necessarily for the young due to the sticker price. Crazy to see sales prices on 13'/'14 Raptors with high mileage. Like someone already posted, time will tell.

Now if Ford comes out with a V8 Raptor next, all Gen 2 owners will probably be screwed.

G3 will most likely be a 4-cylinder hybrid with crazy torque.

pchmotoho

Reaction score
problematic?

Yes, you will most definitely encounter a few problems.

The biggest problem is that in the real world on occasion it's not even faster than my old Tacoma was. What would take me 15 minutes to go from my house to the grocery and back will now take 20 or so due to the occasional person wanting to ask questions and check it out.

You will also spend time cleaning it (when it is already clean).

The wife / gf will be upset because you will spend to much time on the internet looking for more info on it.

You will also have to give a lot of people rides in it as well.

Im sure others here can chime in with many other "problems" as well.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Why would Gen 2 owners be screwed?

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Yes, you will most definitely encounter a few problems.

The biggest problem is that in the real world on occasion it's not even faster than my old Tacoma was. What would take me 15 minutes to go from my house to the grocery and back will now take 20 or so due to the occasional person wanting to ask questions and check it out.

You will also spend time cleaning it (when it is already clean).

The wife / gf will be upset because you will spend to much time on the internet looking for more info on it.

You will also have to give a lot of people rides in it as well.

Im sure others here can chime in with many other "problems" as well.

I don't even have mine yet and the GF is experiencing this problem.