Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the fix the other day, took about an hour. It takes way longer to get the fuse box open and flipped over to try to track the wire down then it does to fix it. The replacement fuse that I put in after I found my first melted one didn't show any signs of melting yet but I am sure it was a matter of time.

I ended up unbolting the bracket that the fuse box mounts in to get enough room to turn the box over and see all the wires. Fuse 27 is buried as far down in the box as possible but it is much easier to just track the blue/red wire back from the fuel pump relay to find where it connects to fuse 27. It felt a little weird cutting the wire but once it is cut it is a quick fix to connect the new wire. The blade on the wire that comes in the kit just snaps into location 70. Everything just snaps together and it feels real good when you turn the key and it fires up again lol.

I'm pretty sure it makes the truck faster too!!! More power to the fuel pump or something!!

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really should have made a "How To" on this relocation procedure and I apologize for not posting one (so damn busy).
I knew going into this that it would have been a great "How To" to help the Raptor community as I truly believe everyone should perform this fix.
To add some more info for my Raptor Brothers (and Sisters).
Please make sure to read the instructions carefully.
I personally could not do this relocation in 1 hr on my own Raptor.
If I were to perform this again for a friend I still would not be able to perform this in 1 hr.

Disconnect the positive (+) cable from the battery (per instructions).
Release clips (per instructions).
Remove tape (per instructions).
Remove the fuse box lid (per instructions).
Disconnect the other lead wire at the fuse box that runs along the positve (+) battery cable (per instructions).
Release the fuse box from the mount (per instructions).
The fuse box will just barely have enough room to rotate so you can locate fuse #27 and cut the Blue/Red wire.
If you are not familiar with soldering then I would highly suggest that you perform some "Beta" testing on some scrap wire to become proficient.

Read the instructions that come in the kit and take your time as this is only a basic rundown.
You will get thru this with little drama.
You may let out with the occasional verbal whipping (I highly recommend this btw) to get you through this.
Please tape everything back up. This was a bit fussy when using a full roll of electrical tape.

This is your fuse box......Please take your time on this.

Last edited:

Colemanater

Reaction score
Piece of crap ford tech

We took it to ford and the service guy blamed us for ******** with it. We asked if there was any concern about it happening again and he said there was nothing wrong with it in the first place. He said we messed with the fuses, they did the tsb and it still wouldn't start. They found fuse 78 was doing it too. So they went back through it and found that a couple wires by the radiator were chaffing and causing it to happen, but this guy was the biggest **** who ever lived and said that nothing was wrong with it. Oh and asked him what if his kid was driving it down a mountain pass and he said he wouldn't care about the fuel pump.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We took it to ford and the service guy blamed us for ******** with it. We asked if there was any concern about it happening again and he said there was nothing wrong with it in the first place. He said we messed with the fuses, they did the tsb and it still wouldn't start. They found fuse 78 was doing it too. So they went back through it and found that a couple wires by the radiator were chaffing and causing it to happen, but this guy was the biggest **** who ever lived and said that nothing was wrong with it. Oh and asked him what if his kid was driving it down a mountain pass and he said he wouldn't care about the fuel pump.
That's some shit right there. Uncalled for.
You can let Chrystal @FordService know of your displeasure.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Been monitoring fuse 27 over the last year on my 2010. No signs of overheating still.

Attachments

• 20160405_072455.jpg
    20160405_072455.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 167