GEN 2 Temporary Raptor Replacement - What would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
An early 90s Cherokee. Or anything made around the year you got you license. If I weren’t driving the raptor my car would be older than I am or something that was cool in high school. Vehicles should be fun, not for saving/making money.

4.0 is a beast. If you can find one that’s rust free it will run forever!

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.0 is a beast. If you can find one that’s rust free it will run forever!
Those engines are the highlight because the car around it is a tractor. It’s a wonderful engine for a tractor.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you could sell your Raptor for a lot, what would you drive for 12-24 months while you wait for the Gen 3?

Has to be under $60k, snow-drivable, preferably performance-oriented (I'm flexible), and not a model that will depreciate away the extra positive equity gained. Oh, and not a truck. The Raptor is the only truck I'm into.

Back story... I've got a 2018 SCREW with most of the options. I've had plenty of positive equity since I bought it but in the current market trade values have jumped $7-10k. I'm waiting on an offer from a dealer I have a connection with and wondering what to do if I get an offer I can't refuse. I like the idea of pocketing an extra $10k to add to money down on a Gen 3. Problem is, Gen 3s are a ways off.
Buy a Gen 1, then you won't need a Gen 3

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The lack of deprecation on this is bat-shit-crazy in my opinion...I can't understand why anyone would ever buy a used one at that price vs a new one.

It's more bat-shit crazy than usual, that's for sure. Every time I bought a new truck, I shopped the used market first. I haven't bought a used pickup since 1980 because they depreciated so little that it wasn't worth it. And in 1980, I couldn't afford a new truck. I bought a '62 Chevy with a smoked engine and a crap tranny and swapped them both out.