GEN 2 Temporary Raptor Replacement - What would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Model 3 does seem like a decent choice, but in rural NH there isn't much charging support and I'm not sure how they hold value.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Geez I get it, fordtechone makes no sense whatsoever,

I mean all foreign cars according to him are crap boxes. After seeing 3 mid 90s Acura integra type Rs selling for 60-90 grand on BAT, i would say that Americans are bat chit crazy for anything foreign as when our trucks 10 years from now are worth 28 percent of its original msrp.

I wouldn't pay that for an integra type r crap box but some people in this country are. Insane

You just contradicted your own point; you’re correct that no normal person would pay $60-$90k for a Civic with an Acura badge; anyone who does is a complete moron.

If you’re Raptor is only worth 28% of its value in 10 years, you must have wrecked it. Raptors have some of the highest resale values in the industry, you’re comparing a one-off to mainstream resale values.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You just contradicted your own point; you’re correct that no normal person would pay $60-$90k for a Civic with an Acura badge; anyone who does is a complete moron.

If you’re Raptor is only worth 28% of its value in 10 years, you must have wrecked it. Raptors have some of the highest resale values in the industry, you’re comparing a one-off to mainstream resale values.

My point is that most all Japan makers with brand loyal customers such as Toyota, Honda, and Subaru tend to hold their values well even appreciating to some extent. I am a F150 fan as I find the full size Japan trucks to be weird, quirky, and not really fitting to me but they do not hold value very well. Just the way it is.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My point is that most all Japan makers with brand loyal customers such as Toyota, Honda, and Subaru tend to hold their values well even appreciating to some extent. I am a F150 fan as I find the full size Japan trucks to be weird, quirky, and not really fitting to me but they do not hold value very well. Just the way it is.

You’re talking about niche products; no mainstream vehicle appreciates.

If you want to talk numbers, look at the Mecum and Barrett Jackson Auctions. They’re full of GM, Ford, AMC, and Chrysler vehicles, with plenty going for over $1,000,000. Ford GTs are selling for 3 times their original price. There are also plenty of European cars there fetching high bids. Nobody there is looking for some old ************* Civic or Subaru, no Japanese car has ever come close to those numbers at auction.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If you want to talk numbers, look at the Mecum and Barrett Jackson Auctions. They’re full of GM, Ford, AMC, and Chrysler vehicles, with plenty going for over $1,000,000. Ford GTs are selling for 3 times their original price. There are also plenty of European cars there fetching high bids. Nobody there is looking for some old ************* Civic or Subaru, no Japanese car has ever come close to those numbers at auction.

well- let’s see what a mint low mileage 3000gt VR4, or a 300ZX tt, or a non-riced out/trashed/heavily modded mint S2000, NSX, Supra, LFA, nismo GTR , etc would bring at auction over the next 5 years- you may be surprised.

Pristine examples of R34 Skylines are approaching 1/2 a million $$$ now

I find it odd people think it makes sense to pay 6+ figures for an L88 C2 Vette that would get embarrassed by a modern one in every sense but don’t get why a particular Japanese pony car would appreciate greatly.

yes I understand the rarity & Beauty of some of the older muscle cars comes into play, but as time goes on the same can & will be said about some of the vehicles I lost above

would I want one? No, but someone would.

On another note, Personally I scratch my head How Bentley/Rolls stay in biz (I guess this is why they now make SUVs) I mean yeah you get the name/prestige thing going for ya but in terms of quality, reliability, performance,Overall execution of Intent of purpose etc. give me an S63, S8, 760IL all day every day over one of those British boats

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The has been true historically; however, some rare Japanese vehicles do go for those prices including the Mazda Cosmo and early 70s Skyline GTRs.

The early Z cars are also picking up traction. I do get that you do not appreciate Japanese car makers based upon previous comments. That is an opinion you are entitled too but all the media based car magazines rate vehicles and the Japan makers always seem to do well in them.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The has been true historically; however, some rare Japanese vehicles do go for those prices including the Mazda Cosmo and early 70s Skyline GTRs.

And it is still true today. No Japanese car has ever sold for anything remotely close to what American and European cars have brought in at auction.

The early Z cars are also picking up traction. I do get that you do not appreciate Japanese car makers based upon previous comments. That is an opinion you are entitled too but all the media based car magazines rate vehicles and the Japan makers always seem to do well in them.

That’s a generalized statement, and simply not true. Recent Honda Pilot and Subaru Ascent long term reviews have been a disaster, with the Honda needing transmission replacement and the Subaru spending 3 months at the dealer for a multitude of serious issues. I certainly wouldn’t call that “always doing well”.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/honda/pilot/2016/2016-honda-pilot-elite-review-update-3/

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/subaru/ascent/2019/2019-subaru-ascent-long-term-update-6/

Clearly you are brainwashed that Japanese cars are superior and nobody will convince you otherwise, but don’t try to influence others with your baseless claims.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back on topic:

OP, have you considered an Edge ST? Ford has almost 5k in incentives right now, and it includes a trip to Ford Performance driving school if you buy new. It’s no Explorer ST or Raptor, but it offers a lot for the money. The worst thing about it is the little digital tachometer, I am not a fan of that IPC in general.

JP77

Reaction score
An early 90s Cherokee. Or anything made around the year you got you license. If I weren’t driving the raptor my car would be older than I am or something that was cool in high school. Vehicles should be fun, not for saving/making money.