Raptor R purchase would you do it again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robl3577

Reaction score
I’m in a dilemma too. I absolutely love my ‘23 37 package. Originally wanted an R but the dealership never received any R’s even though they were allocated too. (And I paid msrp for my Raptor)

Checking the same dealer to see if they’ve allocated to receive any R’s for 2024 and if they do, don’t know whether to order an R when I love my 37 package that averages 15-18 mpg. Would love to own a R but not for 10 or less mpg.
Honestly, don't get it if its going to be your daily driver and you're concerned about mpg.

Jww2124

Reaction score
The R is well worth MSRP, didn’t pay ADM. lots of power and great looks.

I do question the resale of the new 24’s especially if they jack the msrp to 134 with those bug eyed headlights and ugly graphics. The novelty of the R may wear off by then. In order to maintain value you need a truck every guy lusts over looks wise and you need to keep volume super low. Majority of guys here are paying over for that little R badge in the grille. If there was no distinct marking differences from a regular raptor and the v8 version I guarantee you 95% guys wouldn’t be paying over sticker.

Last edited:

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I do question the resale of the new 24’s especially if they jack the msrp to 134 with those bug eyed headlights and ugly graphics. The novelty of the R may wear off by then. In order to maintain value you need a truck every guy lusts over looks wise and you need to keep volume super low. Majority of guys here are paying over for that little R badge in the grille. If there was no distinct marking differences from a regular raptor and the v8 version I guarantee you 95% guys wouldn’t be paying over sticker.

The trx is looking like a steal in the current market and i’m honestly ashamed to say that but that market is changing now as they announced the end of production have seen those prices starting to creep up

GT4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm wondering if the following is going to drive the '23 values upwards:
  • Reduced volume of '23 R's
  • Less than ideal styling revisions of the '24+ trucks
  • Increased MSRP of '24s pushing up '23s
  • Increased MSRP of '24 TRXs now $115K+ when similarly equipped to an R
Will be interesting to see the market dynamics play out over the next year or so.

TanneRd

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the following is going to drive the '23 values upwards:
  • Reduced volume of '23 R's
  • Less than ideal styling revisions of the '24+ trucks
  • Increased MSRP of '24s pushing up '23s
  • Increased MSRP of '24 TRXs now $115K+ when similarly equipped to an R
Will be interesting to see the market dynamics play out over the next year or so.
I wondered the same. Trying to get the 24’ allocation and trade my MY23 in but only for the dual valve suspension, possible bump in HP and gaining back the creature comfort accessories pulled due to chip shortage.

I do like the look of the 23’s more than the 24 and the vertical stack center screen I could do without.

I wonder if the MY23 R’s will be the unicorns of the bunch once everything shakes out and we see how long the production run is?

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered the same. Trying to get the 24’ allocation and trade my MY23 in but only for the dual valve suspension, possible bump in HP and gaining back the creature comfort accessories pulled due to chip shortage.

I do like the look of the 23’s more than the 24 and the vertical stack center screen I could do without.

I wonder if the MY23 R’s will be the unicorns of the bunch once everything shakes out and we see how long the production run is?

23’s are now outdated and a now old body design aside from all the quality control issues front oil seal failures, engine replacements, supercharger failures… I feel like ford is so focused on going woke ( ev) they dropped the ball on this ( ashamed that ford f***** over there loyal customers including myself by limiting production and delivering r’s later they are just now starting to deliver 23’s regularly. and now they are about to announce the 24 face lift in the next week. like every other new vehicle a new sheriff is in town (2024) that is still competing with the trx ( heads up display better interior quality). If you do want a 24 I would advise to trade it sooner than later as as soon as the 24 official announcement/order banks 23 prices ARE GOING DOWN. im considering selling mine now and buying a used trx for around 80k as i feel like this truck does not meet my expectations for nowhere near the 130k$ price. just my opinion.

Last edited:

TanneRd

Reaction score
23’s are now outdated and a now old body design aside from all the quality control issues front oil seal failures, engine replacements, supercharger failures… ( ashamed that ford f***** over there loyal customers including myself by limiting production and delivering r’s later they are just now starting to deliver 23’s regularly. and now they are about to announce the 24 face lift in the next week. like every other new vehicle a new sheriff is in town (2024) that is still competing with the trx ( heads up display better interior quality). If you do want a 24 I would advise to trade it sooner than later as as soon as the 24 official announcement/order banks 23 prices ARE GOING DOWN. im considering selling mine now as i feel like this truck does not exceed my expectations for 130k$. just my opinion.
I would hopefully use the 23 as a trade-in bargaining chip to snag a 24; I’m sure the dealer could sell it at MSRP if not for more but I’m getting Toyota vibes from the front headlights on the 24, the new graphics and wavy center grill isn’t my favorite and that vertical center screen is why I never cared for the TRX, but I agree, HUD and heated wheel would be nice!

You’re always going to have folks that prefer the look of the previous Gen to the new but excited to see the refresh either way!

Last edited:

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The 24MY doesnt have a vertical screen. Its the same 12".

Matmanand4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my R for about a month. I have a smile every time I drive it. The dealer has me on the list for the option to upgrade to a 24MY R. I will wait and see how the market for the Raptors play out. Not a fan of the new graphics, but would like to see one up close. Again, great truck going from a gen 1 to the R.