Raptor R purchase would you do it again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Easyrider470

Reaction score
Just like it says, would you pay the mark up again and what was your mark up to go R instead of regular raptor or something else

HookEm

Reaction score
Yep. Absolutely a fantastic truck. The only thing I don’t like is the 1-yr wait with almost no information from Ford, and it sitting in the in production penalty box for 4 months. That should have been done so much better and really is a black mark for Ford, in my opinion. But, I would do it again. And, I don’t mind the ADM. My dealer and I agreed to a price in Aug 22 and they stuck to their part of the deal which is all you can ask.

OP
OP
E

Easyrider470

Reaction score
Yep. Absolutely a fantastic truck. The only thing I don’t like is the 1-yr wait with almost no information from Ford, and it sitting in the in production penalty box for 4 months. That should have been done so much better and really is a black mark for Ford, in my opinion. But, I would do it again. And, I don’t mind the ADM. My dealer and I agreed to a price in Aug 22 and they stuck to their part of the deal which is all you can ask.
Care to share the adm? I have what I think is a unique opportunity

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15k adm and no i would not do it again…way overpriced for what it is imo…No f150 is worth 130k$ i love the truck and was in love for the 1st week but all i got over my 21 37pkg was a better exhaust sound with more power and no heated steering wheel. at msrp it’s worth it but anything over is overpriced for what it is and a very risky financial decision for most considering the economic climate and high interest rates. also have not seen any real advantages off road aside from faster straight line acceleration. so no for 50 k more than the normal raptor for 2 sec faster 0-60 and max speed limit of 118 mph not worth the $ imo. considering trading mine while i can ( 24 face lift otw and these are going to drop in $ ) for another 37pkg or TRX until things cool off. lesson learned faster is not all ways better off road

Last edited:

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i could give you any advice I would say be patient as the economy IS SLOWING DOWN and when things soften up toys go 1st… I can promise you if you buy now and pay these crazy adms you will be sorry a year from now when you go to trade and dealers offer you 90k trade in… you will be sick and sorry.. it’s a badass overhyped pickup truck not a ferrari they will build more and many have gotten in over there head and will lose there a$$ . let the have to be 1st crowd take the depreciation hit and buy 1 used next year for 90-100k. just my 2 cents

Last edited:

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not helpful my man
I’m not sure how that’s not helpful. It’s an unproven powertrain for this platform that has had a number of issues already. Longevity is a gamble unfortunately

There’s been at least one buy back on this forum.

Last edited: