Raptor R purchase would you do it again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will probably (definitely) generate a lot of hate and possibly a sternly worded letter from a moderator, but you guys bitching about ADM are not the guys buying this truck, nor are your opinions about ADM even slightly as effective as you hope it to be. I paid ADM because I wanted the truck and I can afford it. Go take your bs discussion to another board. Nobody who actually buys an R cares one iota about your thoughts on ADM. You’re the little brother always following in big brother’s footsteps but never achieving his greatness. I actually can’t believe I spent time responding to this, but oh well.
MSRP is all this truck is worth sorry for your loss. let me guess they said everyone is paying it right? attached is a invoice ( dealer cost 101427)so you can see how much your dealer broke it off in you with no lube.. i’m sure they will give you your adm back when you go to trade it in? it is a F150 those have to be exotic kbb good value + 30k adm = trade value??

Attachments

• 8DAEAB5D-F4EF-4992-891F-15F8DB826CAB.jpeg
    8DAEAB5D-F4EF-4992-891F-15F8DB826CAB.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1693313174572.png

I didn’t mention Adm, but I’ll bite.

Unfortunately, paying ADM for an R does not make you special or unique. There are lots of people on this forum that can afford an R, but chose to wait while this shïtshow of an economy bottoms out.

Wasting your time getting upset with internet strangers over poor financial decisions is pointless.

Last edited:

wyomingraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I regret is not buying a second or what the hell a third one. The extra cash would be nice.

I thought I was a little crazy, but man there are some real crazy people with money.

I thought it was crazy when the dealer offered me what I paid for my gen1 before gen 2 came out

OP
OP
E

Easyrider470

Reaction score
I’m not sure how’s that’s not helpful. It’s an unproven powertrain for this platform that has had a number of issues already. Longevity is a gamble unfortunately

There’s been at least one buy back on this forum.
The question was about the purchase, meaning was the juice worth the squeeze. Outlier issues will happen, and I agree with your potential issue comment but I was really just trying to judge the investment. Only the early early trucks had issues with the blower and the front seal. Those are things that happen but the engine is solid i the GT 500. Longevity really wasn’t my question.

OP
OP
E

Easyrider470

Reaction score
I didn’t mention Adm, but I’ll bite.

Unfortunately, paying ADM for an R does not make you special or unique. There are lots of people on this forum that can afford an R, but chose to wait while this shïtshow of an economy bottoms out.

Wasting your time getting upset with internet strangers over poor financial decisions is pointless.
Not sure I follow. I’m not upset at all just didn’t think your original comment t was helpful especially from a non R owner.

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt since I don't have an R. Could afford one but went with an EB 37pp instead. As nice as the exhaust sounds and power is ridiculous on the R, I just could't see the value of paying $60k plus for the R over an EB. Especially, when aesthetically the R is similar to an EB 37pp with the carbon fiber and Recaro package; yes different decals, bumper color & grill, and a few R's here and there. But for an untrained Raptor eye, they are aesthetically the same.

If I could've got one at MSRP, I would've given it more consideration. I probably end up in the same EB 37pp but as a car enthusiast, the decision would've taken a bit more time and thought process. But with the current market conditions at $60k plus over the EB, there wasn't much of a debate.

Now, if the R was more special in the sense that looks completely different than an EB plus it has the Supercharged V8, then we could have an argument about how much over the EB I would pay.

These are my .02 cents.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure I follow. I’m not upset at all just didn’t think your original comment t was helpful especially from a non R owner.
That comment was directed at Hookem, who has since deleted his comment. It’s still quoted in mchurch’s comment above

Here ya go
1693309590370.png

Last edited:

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
15k adm and no i would not do it again…way overpriced for what it is imo…No f150 is worth 130k$ i love the truck and was in love for the 1st week but all i got over my 21 37pkg was a better exhaust sound with more power and no heated steering wheel. at msrp it’s worth it but anything over is overpriced for what it is and a very risky financial decision for most considering the economic climate and high interest rates. also have not seen any real advantages off road aside from faster straight line acceleration. so no for 50 k more than the normal raptor for 2 sec faster 0-60 and max speed limit of 118 mph not worth the $ imo. considering trading mine while i can ( 24 face lift otw and these are going to drop in $ ) for another 37pkg until things cool off. lesson learned faster is not all ways better off road
You've got to make up your mind -- you posted something very different. Then you change your avatar back to R for this discussion and bash it. Stay consistent in your BS:

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 6.06.32 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 6.06.59 AM.png

Last edited: