R Alternatives - What would you consider?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I joined the forum as I intended to buy an R. It didn’t work out the way I wanted it to over the 3 months I looked for a new one. I bought the only alternative I could easily pass inspection with in my state. I didn’t just have a hypothetical consideration in my head…I actually acted on it. Thought it was worth sharing. It was pretty ******* hard to wrap my head around buying any other brand of truck. Do you really not want to hear from someone who truly considered the alternative? If I could have slapped a 6” lift on my f150, added 37s, and put a Whipple on the 5.0 AND had it pass inspection in Massachusetts I would have done that as a holdover. My state inspection laws are tough. I will leave now I suppose. If there’s still an R in 2025 and ADMs have disappeared who knows what the future holds. Enjoying my new truck so much more than I imagined was possible.
Good for you. Brand loyalty is overrated anyway. No reason to just give away money because of the name. That said, I've only owned Ford trucks, so what do I know? lol

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“BRAND LOYALTY”…What a joke!

Actually if you think about it, ain’t no “brand” that even pretends to recognize loyalty. They don’t. THEY CANT. How!?? I have four Fords and each came from a different dealer. Literally.

It’s “dealer” loyalty that earns us the privilege of being added to the list of chumps (*no offense, I’m one of them) willing to overpay for what FORD allows them to over-charge us.
****’em!

is what it is

****’em