New Member DMV area, looking to get into a new Raptor or Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattyboh

Reaction score
Hey, I’m Matt I live in the DC area and work in NoVa. Originally from southern Maryland.

What’s it going to take to get into a Raptor R? Is it a reasonable wait to get one around MSRP? What about for a regular Raptor? Do you have any advice?

I currently own a 23 Corvette Z06 which I waited 1.5 years for and got at MSRP and used to have a C8 Z51 which I also got at MSRP so I’m familiar with ordering and finding dealers but from the GM side.

I’ve owned Expeditions and Mustangs in the past. I currently also have a ‘16 Tahoe that my sister wants to buy and I think the Raptor/R would be a great do everything replacement for it. For the right price I could also move the Z for an R + cash.

Cheers
Matt

3f16aa03-0967-4008-ad6a-224e24ed4b64.jpeg
IMG_0172.jpeg

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

Glad to see a GM convert, you came to your senses

As.for the MSRP, from what i've seen go on, it ain't happening, dealers love their ADM. That goes for a Raptor or an R. Lots of 23' Raps and R owners around here can chime in about that

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Did you do the corvette museum pickup? I lived and worked in bowling green for 2 years prior to moving. Been to the
Museum and the ncm track a few times

OP
OP
M

mattyboh

Reaction score
Nice. Did you do the corvette museum pickup? I lived and worked in bowling green for 2 years prior to moving. Been to the
Museum and the ncm track a few times
Nah - didn't do the museum pickup but I have done the owners school out in Vegas. Was a good time.

Welcome to FRF.

Glad to see a GM convert, you came to your senses

As.for the MSRP, from what i've seen go on, it ain't happening, dealers love their ADM. That goes for a Raptor or an R. Lots of 23' Raps and R owners around here can chime in about that
Haha yeah I had my 98 Expedition first truck forever...sold it after like 230k miles. Tahoe just over 100k, feel like some kinda Raptor would be way more fun than it.

Raptorrunner

Reaction score
Hey! Welcome to FRF. I am from the NoVa area as well but left to MD. For Rs, not gonna see MSRP for awhile. Dealers love marking up... especially in this area. I have seen a few 23 raptors for MSRP down towards Richmond but you have to keep looking. I ended up flying out to WI and driving back. Feel free to reach out and again welcome! Wish the best of luck to you!

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, not sure I can say nice prius (But until you have a Raptor I'll withold judgment)

Gonna be a LONG (if ever) time before you see an R at MSRP. Maybe a regualr 24 in a year or so.

You can probably find a 23 if you look real hard

Good luck

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Nice! Spent a lot of time in Accokeek, and fled the grotesque overcrowding of the DMV in ’20.

Good luck landing a Rap in the DMV, I strongly suggest driving a good ways before looking, all of the urban and suburban DMV stealerships are way too proud of the Rap.
I got mine at Shenandoah; now Luray Ford.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who ordered a Z06 at one of those big Corvette msrp dealerships, I think he is number 1,768 in line now.

It doesn’t work like that for the R. Most dealers won’t even get one, even high volume Raptor dealers get less than 5 a year. Those dealers also happen to be the most greedy.

Impossible no, highly unlikely yes. I’ve personally called 40-50 dealerships, still haven’t found one that actually has an allocation willing to take less than 20k over.

With that said, you might go test drive a regular Raptor. I’m betting you’ll find it fun to drive without having a V8.