2020 Raptor, San Diego area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

66TotalPerf

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm in the San Diego area (Poway) and recently picked up a 2020 Raptor in Perf Blue with ADD front bumper. The dealer I bought from in AZ did cam phasers, front pinion seal, new battery, and rear brakes. I've been reading this forum non-stop and have plenty of questions but I think the first item I'm going to investigate is getting the truck inspected at my local dealer for the Ford ESP warranty, as the truck is pretty mint right now.

I'm also planning to get her out on some trails in Otay Mesa, Borrego Springs, and Joshua Tree within the coming 2 months. This is replacing my '66 F100 4x4, which is fun for shorter trips, but wasn't cutting it with the family for exploring further from SD. Looking forward to the adventures!

Cheers!
Brent
IMG_4799.jpeg
IMG_4825.jpeg

Butterz

Reaction score
Welcome!

I grew up close to Poway. Sabre Springs! The first trail I went on was the Otay Mountain Truck Trail but started on the other end and didn’t completely make it through before the sun started setting. Some areas get pretty narrow and can be a challenge with two large vehicles. Really fun experience and great views way up there!

At Borrego Springs was a different experience. Wide open sections to really open up the engine and have fun. Fonts Point was the first trail I went on there. Then part of Inspiration Wash. Some narrow areas then ran into an obstacle I wasn’t sure about so turned around.

Really enjoyed Thimble Trail and took that all the way back to Ocotillo Wells. Went from Thimble Trail to Fault Wash, to Cut Across Trail, then to Military Wash, and onto San Felipe Wash all the way to the 15. Be careful on the Ocotillo Wells side as there’s a lot of intersections! Tons of obstacles there too to choose from.

Have fun!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

Awesome 66FB there. Bonus points for almost same color between the 2 vehicles...

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Nice truck is like a Nice A$$. You gonna turn and look every time you see one.
Nice Truck!!!!