City Doesn't Want Parked Pickups at Night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To be truthful my HOA is not that bad, even after reading all the covenants regarding the rules of the "hood." Nothing stupid about garage doors or working on your vehicle. It's a decent neighborhood, would be great except for one ******* neighbor who apparently thinks ALL pitbulls are "killers."

So I would say if your are looking at buying a house in a HOA neighborhood request a copy of the covenants before crossing the neighborhood off your list.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya, my HOA isn't all that bad either, mostly talks about no yard signs, keeping everything clean, and watch the water run off from sprinklers...that and please kill the prairie dogs lol

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My HOA is fairly reasonable. I like it after living across the street from Sanford & son. Since all the houses here came with RV gates & big side yards, you have no excuse for leaving your RV (or junk boat / car) out front.

Trig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All right, I'll retract my previous "stupid" comment. Having had neighbors that were less than meticulous in the upkeep of their property, I suppose i can see the advantage. But seriously, tickets for parking in your own driveway? Don't they know I drive a Raptor? People want to see my truck! ;)

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All right, I'll retract my previous "stupid" comment. Having had neighbors that were less than meticulous in the upkeep of their property, I suppose i can see the advantage. But seriously, tickets for parking in your own driveway? Don't they know I drive a Raptor? People want to see my truck! ;)

You are right, some HOAs are just plain stupid. Like the requirement to keep your garage door closed & other overly **** stuff like that.
But you let them try to tell me I cant park my $50K Raptor in my driveway when my neighbor can park his rusted A@@ honda without any citations.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like to hide my Raptor in the garage and keep my $4k valued '91 Landcruiser parked in the driveway so people think I'm poor...maybe the teenagers won't try and break in and steal my stuff.

I understand keeping you garage door closed if it looks like you hit up every garage sale for the past ten years and shoved all the **** in your garage in heaps and piles. If the garage is organized why should it have to be closed after 15 minutes? Strange....let's all move to N. Korea.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There must be some bored ass people if their setting around clocking your garage door time...they need to get a life and get laid!

Trig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We actually keep both the vehicles in the garage. I just like pointing out idiodacy when I see it.

There will always be people with enough time on their hands to enforce idiotic rules. Reminds me of the "shower timers" when I'm deployed!