Where does your Gen 3 sleep at night?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm tryin' to peer in everyone's garage, no discrimination here!

What's the story on the Corvette? Year?
Now,if I tell you the story,I'll give away my age....;)
Its a 1963 that I bought in 1973 for $1100..when I was in High School...so I've owned it 50 years this year....Its not a trailer queen and never has been...use to be my daily driver when I lived in NJ..yes...a Corvette thats been driven in the snow...Use to street race it with dual carbs and nitro...so its been driven hard and put away wet at times.:eek:...BUT my baby is now back to its original self...almost...was young and dumb when I pulled motor and replaced with a fire breathing dragon...so dont have original motor,but everything else is back to original,with ungraded leather seats....Engine is now a 383 Stroker,made it "look" 100% original,but not a #'s matching engine,but never cared,since I'm never selling and told family to bury me in it...
It doesnt like my Raptor...because to be honest,it doesnt get out as often..my Raptor is just way more fun and comfortable.. and faster with the Whipple SC...:)
So..there ya go..the short version of the story....dont ever ask an old guy about a car he owned 50 years...I'd get kicked off here if I wrote the whole story..:33::p

Attachments

• CORVETTE DONE 2.jpg
    CORVETTE DONE 2.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 29
  • CORVETTE4.jpg
    CORVETTE4.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 22
  • CORVETTE INTERIOR 3.jpg
    CORVETTE INTERIOR 3.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 23
  • CORVETTE-OLD-1 (1).JPG
    CORVETTE-OLD-1 (1).JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 28
  • CORVETTE-OLD-1 (2).JPG
    CORVETTE-OLD-1 (2).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
OP
OP
LayinWatts69

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now,if I tell you the story,I'll give away my age....;)
Its a 1963 that I bought in 1973 for $1100..when I was in High School...so I've owned it 50 years this year....Its not a trailer queen and never has been...use to be my daily driver when I lived in NJ..yes...a Corvette thats been driven in the snow...Use to street race it with dual carbs and nitro...so its been driven hard and put away wet at times.:eek:...BUT my baby is now back to its original self...almost...was young and dumb when I pulled motor and replaced with a fire breathing dragon...so dont have original motor,but everything else is back to original,with ungraded leather seats....Engine is now a 383 Stroker,made it "look" 100% original,but not a #'s matching engine,but never cared,since I'm never selling and told family to bury me in it...
It doesnt like my Raptor...because to be honest,it doesnt get out as often..my Raptor is just way more fun and comfortable.. and faster with the Whipple SC...:)
So..there ya go..the short version of the story....dont ever ask an old guy about a car he owned 50 years...I'd get kicked off here if I wrote the whole story..:33::p
That is a really cool backstory, thanks for sharing!! 50 years of memories, wow.

Kind of reminds me of the 1973 Bultaco dirt bike I have that my dad owned since new. We restored it together a couple years before he passed (2002). It will stay in the family for generations, or bury me next to it. Means the world to me.

Kings4thecup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
driveway...but im hoping the next house i'll be able to have a bigger garage...to have a big garage in LA costs a shit ton of money usually....also the next garage i'll have...im going to put a lift in there so i can put my other cars.

OP
OP
LayinWatts69

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
driveway...but im hoping the next house i'll be able to have a bigger garage...to have a big garage in LA costs a shit ton of money usually....also the next garage i'll have...im going to put a lift in there so i can put my other cars.
I feel your pain. I moved from Laguna Beach to New Mexico a few years ago for work. Went from a 1br. condo to a 3,000 sqf. house with a big ol' garage (and pay less). All I ever knew in California was street parking. It feels so damn good to have the Rappy tucked in at night.

FLEE CALIFORNIA! lol

GaoKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our place has a 24x24 garage so plenty of space for my truck and her Jeep. I just get as close to the wall as possible to avoid any chance of dings.
This one made me lol. We have a 22x24 and before I had the Raptor my G80 M3 would be damn near tucked to the wall. Wifey would always ask why when we had so much space. I just nodded and smiled.

8250_RPM

Reaction score
This one made me lol. We have a 22x24 and before I had the Raptor my G80 M3 would be damn near tucked to the wall. Wifey would always ask why when we had so much space. I just nodded and smiled.
Sounds like you traded in the G80 for the Raptor…I did the same. I miss it sometimes but realize that it’s so much harder to haul three dirt bikes with an M3 so…I’m good!