Gen 3 2023 Major electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hope they resolve your problems.
like to know the final resolution.
I’ll definitely post an update when I finally get the truck back. Just hope they find everything related and I get it fully repaired.

I’ll post the outcome, so others know what issues to look for.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

I was told today by the dealership, that the door module is on a nation wide back order, with no ETA and no eta on the repair.

I did lodge a complaint with Ford CS, which was of very little help. However Ford Performance was able to give me tips on how to escalate the issue. First was to speak to the service manager and voice my concerns; additionally I was guided to get the Ford District Service Representative involved. However the Dealership service manager advised that the truck only being in the shop for a week was too early to escalate to District Representative, because of procedural process in cases similar to this. But he did say he would escalate if they get no updates this week with Ford regarding the back ordered part. This is frustrating

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont see many dealers doing that unless its an xl or a used truck on the lot. Then it would have to be a simple and easy swap

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend had success with his dealer pulling a part from a vehicle on the lot, since his part was on BO. Not sure if that part is shared with other F150's though... may be worth an ask.
I wish , but I doubt it

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is it just sitting at the dealer?
I got the truck fixed , they got the Door Module (DDM). Got it back Thursday last week.However whatever they with the Gateway module; now ALL my connectivity is down (Wireless CarPlay, hotspot, FordPass, Alexa….etc) and when I start up the 12” prompts me for a driver ID. I’m guess they loaded the wrong profile or set the wrong values when programming the gateway module. Just dropped it off at the dealership again. Hopefully it’s just a programming issue. The connectivity issues I described were all working even when I had the other issues. And the “Driver ID” I assume is a profile for commercial vehicles, it wasn’t there before.

Attachments

• IMG_2268.jpeg
    IMG_2268.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2266.jpeg
    IMG_2266.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2267.jpeg
    IMG_2267.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2269.jpeg
    IMG_2269.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2278.jpeg
    IMG_2278.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

The connectivity issues I’m experiencing are because while my truck was at the dealership, the last OTA update was failed due to the battery being disconnected for the work they were doing. Because of that issue I was disconnected with FordPass which controls all the connected features (Alexa, Hotspot, wireless Apple CarPlay and connectivity to FordPass) so the only fix is to update the software and the OTA automatic shows no updates available at the time. The dealership is trying to figure out how to manually push an update to the truck. In the meantime I have the truck back with normal function, including CarPlay (wired). Either of 2 things could happen to fix the issue; 1. The truck does an automatic update on its own.

2. The dealership figures out how to push the update manually.

The tech handling my truck brought me back to the truck to attempt fixes while my phone was connected. He tried re-flashing the Gateway Module, the TCM, and the APIN. Nothing worked

FordPass tech support told us the software update controls All connected features and without the software update the features will remain dormant.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:

The connectivity issues I’m experiencing are because while my truck was at the dealership, the last OTA update was failed due to the battery being disconnected for the work they were doing. Because of that issue I was disconnected with FordPass which controls all the connected features (Alexa, Hotspot, wireless Apple CarPlay and connectivity to FordPass) so the only fix is to update the software and the OTA automatic shows no updates available at the time. The dealership is trying to figure out how to manually push an update to the truck. In the meantime I have the truck back with normal function, including CarPlay (wired). Either of 2 things could happen to fix the issue; 1. The truck does an automatic update on its own.

2. The dealership figures out how to push the update manually.

The tech handling my truck brought me back to the truck to attempt fixes while my phone was connected. He tried re-flashing the Gateway Module, the TCM, and the APIN. Nothing worked

FordPass tech support told us the software update controls All connected features and without the software update the features will remain dormant.
You’ll be waiting on an OTA then.