City Doesn't Want Parked Pickups at Night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's Elsinore, its Caynon Lake in Elsinore.

Actually Canyon Lake is a gated city up the hill a few miles from Lake Elsinore... much worse there. (one of the few gated cities in the country) Gated and guarded entrances, they do not allow motorcycles past the gates.

(No motorcycles, mopeds, or dirt bikes. But they have motorcycle parking lots outside the gates. :thumbsup: :doh:)

A group of motorcyclist-home owners took Canyon Lake to court a few years ago and tried to force the issue that they should be able to ride their street legal bikes to their homes within the gated city.

The motorcyclists lost.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ I guess they should have read the covenants first before buying. I understand if the HOA decided after the home owner purchased their home not to allow motorcycles past the gates but ignorance of HOA rules doesn't warrant a lawsuit by homeowner's.

Before I even put an offer in on our house I checked to see whether or not our dogs (one pitbull and one am-staff, the basenji is not an issue) were allowed in the neighborhood. The covenants ban certain breeds and our dogs were indeed of those breeds so we had to have the home builders of the neighborhood sign off on a legal document allowing us to have our dogs in the neighborhood. Of course we listed both as American Staffordshire Terriers instead of pitbulls for obvious reasons. I guess we are lucky because the neighborhood is rather new and still in phase 1 so the builders are still around for such an issue.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What makes Canyon Lake a little different is that it's actually a city with a law against motorcycles... not just a HOA. (I think you are allowed to trailer your bike to your house, but you can't ride it.)

I think the AMA even got involved back in the 90's lawsuit... discrimination against motorcycle owners. The courts did not agree. The law was in place from day one and it would be hard to buy property there and NOT know.

I also heard from a friend that lives there that they were having a big problem with speeders and reckless driving at school bus stops. The city asked for more enforcement. The Sheriff assigned officers to patrol the bus stops.... motorcycle officers...

Some residents complained about the use of motorcycles. I guess keeping those darn motorcycles off the city streets is more important than the lives of children. :blam: :tongue:

Very smart to get the legal document allowing your dogs... most people are told "we don't enforce that rule" and they believe it. Until down the road when someone decides to start enforcing it.

A law professor I had in college said that if you ever have an apartment lease or HOA agreement that says something you object to and you are told "we don't enforce that", then they should have no objections to giving you a written exemption, or removing, or modifying the clause. Why not? They just said they don't enforce it. :)

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Canyon Lake sounds like the sort of place that needs chains and locks put on the gates to keep the residents in, as people who like that much control scare the heck out of me.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Canyon Lake sounds like the sort of place that needs chains and locks put on the gates to keep the residents in, as people who like that much control scare the heck out of me.

I'm with you!

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAH, my neighborhood doesn't allow you to park on the street ever. I am actually doing construction on my garage to fit the new raptor. there was no way it was going to fit. Then they made me go through the process of having plans approved for the construction. ****ERS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter