Bed liner preference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still up in the air between the factory and Line-X. Being that I have never had a bed sprayed, I really have no real life experience to go off of.

Up in the air because you can roll the cost of the factory into the loan? Pretty much everyone says the Line-X is superior.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Up in the air because you can roll the cost of the factory into the loan? Pretty much everyone says the Line-X is superior.

Yeah, dont finance a bedliner...

Get a high quality LineX done after the fact. Wayyyyy better, especially if you actually use the bed. Ive seen the thin liners just gash when you slide a fridge or washer or something like that.

paulhaskew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Financing plays no role in the up in the air. :) Purely based on not knowing enough about bed liners. I appreciate all the opinions shared, watched several videos, and read about the Line-X product.

Being that my truck has a build week of October 10th and a VIN assigned, it's going to be Line-X as I never put it on the order.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im very glad i got bedrug with a bakflip. and aluminum bed or otherwise, if the bedrug did hold moisture, well 1, its rubber underneath, so its not like its getting thru to the bed. 2, its a soft liner, it doesnt scratch or wear away the paint underneath, so its still not going to rust. and as said before, crawling into the back is a whoooooole lot easier on the knees than either other option!

but really, linex, factory or bedrug, you really arent losing out much on going with any of them.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time I tried U-POL 0820V Truck Bed Liner Kit. It is waterproof and durable DIY bed liner kit. It comes with larger quantity so you can easily spray 2 times even on the larger truck. You can also buy it from amazon.

^^^ +1 ^^^

For me, nothing beats working on my own truck, be it maintenance or mods.

ransom

Reaction score
Bedrug here. Had it on my 2014 Raptor with no problems. Very durable too. So much so I'm installing another Bedrug after work on my 2017. Reason I didn't do the Line-X with both the trucks, you have to destroy the paint to lay down the spray. Kinda defeated the purpose of protecting the bed if I'm having to destroy the paint in the process.

I know over time debris and stuff will get underneath the Bedrug but it won't be anywhere near the type of damage you put prepping for the bed spray. Plus being able to easily reverse to a stock bed was a huge selling point.

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's pretty cool that when they peel up the bedliner that the paint is like new. The concern is, how easy is it to damage the liner to the point where it starts to peel up on its own? I plan on going with the factory bedliner but I'm also going to have a bedmat on top of it for a little more protection. I also like the cushion of the thick rubber mat.

I have a chevy work truck with a factory line x. It is absolute junk if you use the bed for work. My truck from pulling a small generator in and out has peeled up everywhere on the tailgate. Factory is not the way to go for me after seeing this. The paint under the liner is still shinny meaning it had no prep at all.