Bed liner preference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LIONDOG

Reaction score
"Lifetime Warranty" from Line-X does not apply to commercial use, is not transferrable to a new owner, and does not cover fading. Admittedly biased since I just ordered the Ford Spray in Bed Liner for my Raptor :) , but Line-X's use of the words "Lifetime Warranty" is a bit misleading.

- LIONDOG

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm contemplating going Bed Rug + Tonneau cover instead of LineX. The Revolver2 Tonneau cover has caught my eye, and its throwing my initial interest in LineX out the window.

Hmmmm ....

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm contemplating going Bed Rug + Tonneau cover instead of LineX. The Revolver2 Tonneau cover has caught my eye, and its throwing my initial interest in LineX out the window.

Hmmmm ....

Had a bedrug in my SRT10, very nice looking but I wouldn't use one in a truck that I actually plan to use the bed. That truck did have dirt bikes loaded into it but never was I throwing work materials, tools, hockey bags, etc like I would with a Raptor.

I never thought about it at the time as my truck was a garage queen but if it spends any significant time outside the bedrug may stay damp. Now with an aluminium box that may be less of an issue but something to think about. Even with a hard tonneau you will get some water inside, especially when it is opened. It's sorta the same as the plastic liners that would keep water under them and cause the bed to rot.

I did love my bedrug but have now set myself on a foldable hard tonneau plus some sort of spray in liner.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Line-X, a BedRug, and a RetraxPro cover. The combination has worked out well for me. The RetraxPro does keep the water out, except for small leaks on a corner, but not enough to worry about rusting the Line-X covered bed. I have the drain tubes running out the front of the bed.

But my real reason to post was to point out a big difference between Line-X (or other aftermarket spray-on liners), and the factory spray-in liner. In the Ford video, you will note that they spray on a "primer" then the coating. With Line-X, they sand down the bed paint then apply the coating. The other video confirms this when they peel up the factory liner and the paint is like new.

I'm not an expert on this so perhaps someone can add which application is better.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Line-X, a BedRug, and a RetraxPro cover. The combination has worked out well for me. The RetraxPro does keep the water out, except for small leaks on a corner, but not enough to worry about rusting the Line-X covered bed. I have the drain tubes running out the front of the bed.

But my real reason to post was to point out a big difference between Line-X (or other aftermarket spray-on liners), and the factory spray-in liner. In the Ford video, you will note that they spray on a "primer" then the coating. With Line-X, they sand down the bed paint then apply the coating. The other video confirms this when they peel up the factory liner and the paint is like new.

I'm not an expert on this so perhaps someone can add which application is better.

I think it's pretty cool that when they peel up the bedliner that the paint is like new. The concern is, how easy is it to damage the liner to the point where it starts to peel up on its own? I plan on going with the factory bedliner but I'm also going to have a bedmat on top of it for a little more protection. I also like the cushion of the thick rubber mat.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hmmmm ....

Thanks for mentioning that. I was unfamiliar with that cover. I love it. Definitely getting it.

On my Gen 1 I had a fold-a-cover. Was not a fan

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can tell you that a bedrug and backflip have held up to oil spills, gas spills, loaded fire wood, desert dust, gun cases, pressure washing and still feels great to lay/kneel in.

paulhaskew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still up in the air between the factory and Line-X. Being that I have never had a bed sprayed, I really have no real life experience to go off of.