Bed Cover Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobbyph1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If interested I might just have a retrax up for grabs let me know

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the current OEM Ford offering is for the hard cover option? Seems like it used to be one of the Bak-Flip models essentially with a Ford decal. Just curious if they’ve switched it up?

Jenner1

Reaction score
Another option for a retractable is the Roll-N-Lock covers. They have the shallowest canister on the market if you’re worried about any space issues at the front of the box, I went this route to clear a Decked drawer box. The covers don't run on bearings like Retrax but I use mine in +40c to -40c with zero issues.

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are lucky..I have roll n lock cover and it leaks like crazy and pops open all the time, have vice grips holding it closed for the winter.

Jenner1

Reaction score
You are lucky..I have roll n lock cover and it leaks like crazy and pops open all the time, have vice grips holding it closed for the winter.

Have you tried going through warranty? I’ve never had mine pop open but I would think they should be able to send you a new latch assembly for free. Mine definitely leaks slightly but it’s only in the corners at the rear and it just drains out of the box. The leaks are about on par with the retrax from what I've seen.

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was on the truck when I bought it so I would think no warranty. I will eventually replace it with something else.

RollTigers

Reaction score
I love my Tonneau
I love my Tonneau Retrax. It is lockable at any length and they say you can put 500 lbs on top. The can it rolls up in does take up some space but wasn't an issue with me. I can securely lock the top at any length and the flush metal retrax top looks like it will last forever which includes a lifetime warranty. I would definitely buy again. It’s expensive but worth it. I never wanted a fabric or folding type. I’m glad I went with the retrax.

Monkish1

Reaction score
The 23 I bought a week ago has the “ford” trifold. I’d be suprised if it’s not a bakflip as it looks very similar to the bakflip I had on my gen1. Agree with those above that bakflip is a solid choice for hard fold