Bed Cover Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the Bak-Flip on 2 of my 150s, liked them both. Now I have the Diamondback cover on the Raptor. I really like it !!! They both have their advantages and disadvantages depending on how you use your truck. My bed is full of tools and parts, so there is no room to haul anything else in the bed, so with the Diamondback I can load stuff in top of it. The the Bak-Flip you can remove it easily and be able to use the entire bed. I think the Diamondback cover looks awesome on the Raptor.
Diamondback also make a flip cover now that is really nice looking to.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240122_182541_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_182541_Gallery.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20240122_182559_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_182559_Gallery.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20240122_183222_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_183222_Gallery.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20240122_184010_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_184010_Gallery.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20240122_183006_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_183006_Gallery.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

ReLLiK75

Reaction score
How much does each panel of the Diamondback weigh? Does the panel closest to the tailgate flip completely up so that it lays flat on the remaining panels? I ask the last question because I'm wondering if I'd be able to get my mountain in the bed so that the front wheel hangs over the tailgate with the last panel flipped up.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much does each panel of the Diamondback weigh? Does the panel closest to the tailgate flip completely up so that it lays flat on the remaining panels? I ask the last question because I'm wondering if I'd be able to get my mountain in the bed so that the front wheel hangs over the tailgate with the last panel flipped up.
No that cover doesn't work that way. The new design they just came out with might work for that application.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had 3 covers. They all suffice but the Diamond back is the most secure and watertight. That said, it’s a PIA for tall items. I believe the new one is better. I still like the look of it though And the ability to strap stuff to the top.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please post pics and a review of the install, I think I want one of these but I have not heard any real feedback.

Install is easy. I have the SE and each panel is light, one man lift no problem. You put the pieces in place, line it all up, tighten four bolts in the center pieces, and then connect the lifts. After that you have the harder part, adjusting the depth of the lock bars. Use a heavy weight up front or have someone push down on the panel why you lie inside to adjust it.

And the rear panel can fold flat towards the front of the truck.

ReLLiK75

Reaction score
Install is easy. I have the SE and each panel is light, one man lift no problem. You put the pieces in place, line it all up, tighten four bolts in the center pieces, and then connect the lifts. After that you have the harder part, adjusting the depth of the lock bars. Use a heavy weight up front or have someone push down on the panel why you lie inside to adjust it.

And the rear panel can fold flat towards the front of the truck.
Nice. Thanks for the confirmation. Did you get the rugged or smooth finish? Do you think with the rear panel folded up that you can get a mountain bike in the bed with the front wheel hanging over the tail gate? I feel like the rear wheel is going to hit where the smaller middle panel sits.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Thanks for the confirmation. Did you get the rugged or smooth finish? Do you think with the rear panel folded up that you can get a mountain bike in the bed with the front wheel hanging over the tail gate? I feel like the rear wheel is going to hit where the smaller middle panel sits.
I have the rugged (same as I had on my 2012) and though I never carried my MTB as you plan to I really can't see it fitting that way, it is only a 5.5' bed... Seems the bike would be over halfway into the bed (though 1 bike diagonally??? -- maybe). I had racks mounted on my Diamond Back

7BDA99D9-EAD7-4576-B198-09DD7BF79F35IMG_0093.jpeg
Not one of my good bikes LOL, (I was a rep for Look Cycles/Marin Bikes and a few others...)

ReLLiK75

Reaction score
I have the rugged (same as I had on my 2012) and though I never carried my MTB as you plan to I really can't see it fitting that way, it is only a 5.5' bed... Seems the bike would be over halfway into the bed (though 1 bike diagonally??? -- maybe). I had racks mounted on my Diamond Back

View attachment 442194
Not one of my good bikes LOL, (I was a rep for Look Cycles/Marin Bikes and a few others...)
I don't think I'm going to be able to get my 60lbs e-mountain bike on racks like that (even though I do have them). I'm in pretty good shape, but that's a lift I just don't want to deal with and risk gouging the side of my truck with a pedal. I'm going to have to either suck up putting on my hitch bike carrier or taking the time to try to fix my RetraxPro leak. One of the other reasons I'm seriously considering the Diamondback (aside from it being weatherproof) is I've had my Retrax freeze on me and wasn't able to open it. Gaining the bed space where the canister currently sits would be nice too.