Bed Cover Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickmeister

Reaction score
I got the Lomax folding in the flat black for my Raptor. I have the same model on my 2015 F150. That cover is really showing cosmetic wear, but it's been in the elements 24/7 for 9 years now. Functionally, it still works great. What I like about it:
1- Low profile. Not very noticeable.Raptor- Lomax- rear.jpgRaptor- Lomax- front angle--.jpgRaptor- Lomax- close--.jpg
2- Easy to open with 1 hand
3- It doesn't fold all the way to the window, but I can remove it in less than 1 minute.
4- Light weight. Removing it is an easy 1 man job.

ktrent

Reaction score
Bak Revolver X4s hands down my fav cover. Maximize bed space, while keeping out the elements. Have had multiple truck cover usa roll covers, retrax, and flip covers. While they may be more secure and rugged the Revolver's ease of use, bed space, looks, and rain seal makes it my favorite.

It did take a little modification to make the fit to my liking but in my experience they all do.

NetoBR

Reaction score
I had Truxedo black aluminum retractable by rolling on my previous F150 and bought the same kit for the Raptor. Read reports here on FRF including from a seller saying that the BAKs usually have more returns on defects but both are great.

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bak Revolver X4s hands down my fav cover. Maximize bed space, while keeping out the elements. Have had multiple truck cover usa roll covers, retrax, and flip covers. While they may be more secure and rugged the Revolver's ease of use, bed space, looks, and rain seal makes it my favorite.

It did take a little modification to make the fit to my liking but in my experience they all do.
i vote for bak revolver x4s as well. I didnt have to do any modification for mine.

Schnabby

Reaction score
My GEN 1 had a Truck Covers USA retractable cover. Sturdy but the latching mechanism wears over time and does freeze up when ice gets on it. My new GEN 3 installed a Retrax Pro XR. The Retrax has a better roller system and the latch is less complicated, can stop at any position and the XR has T-Slot that I can use for mounted accessories. Only downside of the Retrax is that is roller compartment extends down into the bed a bit more that the Truck Covers USA due to more robust roller mechanism. I used that space to insert the nose of my Hobie kayak to help hold the forward weight down when transporting.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are 3 main types of bed covers to consider and each have their pros and cons:

Retractable - Aluminum construction. Most durable and secure without blocking the rear window. Does lose bed space with the canister in the front of the bed.

Folding- Does not lose any bed space, but it does block the back window when all the way open.

Rolling- Does not lose any bed space, but is more prone to damage due to it being a soft vinyl exterior with a hard slat interior construction.

For the above we recommend the Retrax Pro MX (Personally use)

Bak MX4 -folding

Bak Revolver X4S -Rolling

We carry all of the above here at Apollo Optics.
If anyone has any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out and sent me a message. Happy to help.