Zombiekiller's "Donkey" build up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dozer466

Reaction score
Yep! ordered the plugs.

the rear is coming complete from currie. Going with a 4.56 10" ring gear and an ARB. 40 spline. essentially one of their trophy truck rears. I'm hoping it lands before I have to head to socal at the beginning of next month.

Nice!! Their rear ends are built to take a beating. Those 40 splines with the 10” is a beefy setup. Trucks looking good[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Is the rear going to work with all the factory sensors?

yep. The only sensors to really worry about are the wheel speed sensors. We'll see if the lack of e-locker throws a light when switching modes, but I havent heard anything from SVC or anyone else that would lead me to believe it is a problem.

worst case I'll add a resistor to the setup to solve for that.

I'm more worried about being able to keep my rear view camera once my tailgate goes bye bye for the new bed cage setup. :cool:

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Nice!! Their rear ends are built to take a beating. Those 40 splines with the 10” is a beefy setup. Trucks looking good[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I went Full overboard with the rear axle build. I have a habit of figuring out how to break anything and I wanted to go "overbuilt" to minimize any risk of grenading the rear axle with 40s.

It will be trussed, with just about every single HD option currie offers.

I will also be looking forward to no more rear wheel spacers and one thread pitch on all of my lugnuts. ( my wheels spacers use gen1 lug nuts)

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep. The only sensors to really worry about are the wheel speed sensors. We'll see if the lack of e-locker throws a light when switching modes, but I havent heard anything from SVC or anyone else that would lead me to believe it is a problem.

worst case I'll add a resistor to the setup to solve for that.

I'm more worried about being able to keep my rear view camera once my tailgate goes bye bye for the new bed cage setup. :cool:

Thats great. I would make sure those ABS sensors and wires are protected. I had one get messed up when towing my truck for the engine work. It threw off all kinds of warning lights and nothing worked including the power steering.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thats great. I would make sure those ABS sensors and wires are protected. I had one get messed up when towing my truck for the engine work. It threw off all kinds of warning lights and nothing worked including the power steering.

2 spare rear sensors and 2 spare front sensors stay in the truck full-time. Had 2 get eaten by my front brake rotors and wasnt thrilled with the christmas lights on the dash when it happened.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 spare rear sensors and 2 spare front sensors stay in the truck full-time. Had 2 get eaten by my front brake rotors and wasnt thrilled with the christmas lights on the dash when it happened.

Great plan with what you do. One little sensor can really cause a lot of problems on this truck.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to, no I demand to see the latest pics. Get with it. :lol: