Zombiekiller's "Donkey" build up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Yeah Zombie, we need pics when finished or it didn't happen!!! :Hump:

I'll post pics just as soon as it is "finished". It is currently at TMX in an "unknown" state of disassembly. Most everyone with raptors in TX is at TRR19 right now. ( I skipped it since I don't have time to replace anything I might break (because who knows how long parts might take) before I head to Baja in 3 weeks.)

we arent Sure if the new rear axle will even show up in time.

As things get completed over the next few weeks, I'll post up.

Absolute worst case, there will be plenty of pics as I head west on the 5th of June, and certainly as many pics as I can muster while on "Expedition baja Sur" with @EXO

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Wow epic build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
not done yet. :cool:

NDTnwa2.jpg

SIYQQrs.jpg

40s are coming, new bodywork is coming, STILL waiting for my currie axle to come, Some motor work or a swap is coming, new bumpers are gonna need to happen, and she needs better brakes. Ive got some things from SPD on the way, some new exhaust bits too.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I guess I'm due to document where things stand now.

So, At the current stage of this build, I've gone Full Retard.

Specs on the truck are as follows ( at least the things that are staying for sure):

Front Suspension: SVC Mid-travel kit. King 2.5s & 3.5s . My truck is an oddball. It is cycling damn near 18" of front travel now.

Rear suspension: modified SVC bypass rack. SVC bump stop kit. King 4.0s, king bumps, SVC traction bars, SVC shackles.

Engine compartment mods: Full Race Radiator, Full Race Trans cooler, Cobb Intake, Painless Trailrocker, SP9100, 2019 engine cover, mishimoto overflow tank. Cobb Stage 2 tune, SVC intercooler, Turbosmart BOV.

I'm running method 701s.

Lowrance HDS7 Live, TK790 radio, Also run leadnav from time to time.

SVC baja bumper in the front. SDHQ pillar mounts. 7x BD XL lights ( some racers, some pros ), 30" BD lightbar, squadrons and s2s behind the grill, gj motorsports 3rd brake light, additional squadrons for chase lights, s2s for backup lights.

RPG rear bumper.

The spares are sunken into the rear of the bed.

Foutz Skids

RCI gas tank skid

Things I'm currently working on or re-doing:

Figuring out bodywork to clear 40" KR3s

reworking the bed cage slightly.

new leaf springs ( going Icon)

Redoing the exhaust.

Researching a motor swap to V8.

replacing seats with non-suspension seats.

Researching restraints.

waiting for a new rear axle ( currie F9 housing with all the trimmings, 4" wider than stock, 10" ring gear w/ an ARB)

Upgrading brakes ( going alcons )

Truck will get re-wrapped as soon as its back together.

Follow me on instagram @whoisthatdaveguy to see pics and vids. I will start taking video of my teardown after the last run to show folks what breaks, what to watch out for and to offer tips on prep for adventures like heading to Baja.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An arb? Hit the button and lock it.

So you will be able to lock the rear alone in any electronic mode the truck is switched to?

Locking the front will remain the same as OEM if keep 4x4 though correct? Only by hitting the two different buttons?

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So you will be able to lock the rear alone in any electronic mode the truck is switched to?

Locking the front will remain the same as OEM if keep 4x4 though correct? Only by hitting the two different buttons?

I have the torsen LSD in the front. I will retain 4wd for now, but I run IWE eliminators, so I'm only dependent on the tcase shifting.

As far as the rear locker, It will function independently of the BSM/PCM/TCM and I will be able to lock it ad-hoc no matter what "mode"

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the torsen LSD in the front. I will retain 4wd for now, but I run IWE eliminators, so I'm only dependent on the tcase shifting.

As far as the rear locker, It will function independently of the BSM/PCM/TCM and I will be able to lock it ad-hoc no matter what "mode"

I haven’t researched the TORSEN LSD enough to understand how it works when in 4H. I’m an electronics nerd but did graduate with architectural and civil engineering degrees so have quite a bit of experience with mechanical engineering.

Do you know how it can do both without telling it when to slip and when not to slip if are in 4H. My understanding is when it’s in 4L it locks the dif but can’t really find anyone breaking down how it works in all the modes that can be selected which could or couldn’t change some of the slipping features.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And. Is there a reason why you switched to the IWE eliminators? Vacuum hoses get in the way or vacuum hoses just being there and another small thing that can cause faults easily? Just curious really. Seriously doubt they will cause any issues that can be repeatable over time. Maybe add a tad more wear with them but “eliminating” the headache of having to repair or replace faulty vacuum issues could outweigh any such wear in the long run.