Zombiekiller's "Donkey" build up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
quick update:

After a mad thrash over the past two and a half weeks, I'm pushing out for a 3.5 week road trip with the truck (driving not towing. yes I know I'm nuts.)

I'll be hitting: Colorado, Utah, Nevada, norcal, socal, Baja, socal (my truck has a date with a photographer/videographer for promo stuffs). I won't see home till feb 24th or 25th.

there will be LOTS of pics and LOTS of fun.

Just have a few last min items to pick up at TMX on tuesday ( longer rear brakelines and a 3 ton proeagle bc my truck and my 2-ton big wheel decided they hate each other. (hydraulic cylinder gave up the ghost) and then I'm out like shout.

I've done a TON to the truck over those 2.5 weeks, so I have some catching up to do on posting mods/progress.

truck now has:

svc traction bars
Lowrance hds7 live w/1 point baja antenna
in cab tracks for tie downs
b&m trans dipstick
ronin oil drain thingy
remounted my nguage in a carbon fiber cup.
new abs sensors
rcv iwe eliminators
new cv boots ( heavy duty ones)
schroth harnesses
new fender liners ( that I made by hand from 1/4" abs)
A protector panel for the filler neck
front and rear dash cams
New pads and rotors

and I'm sure that I'm forgetting a bunch.

We'll see how my current wheels fair. the clearance from the inside of the wheel lip to where the abs sensor wire comes over the upright is closer than I'd like (3/8"). I'm either going to fab some aluminum shields for them, switch to a 00 17"wheel, or go to 18s. I may do the shields and 00 wheels. 00 wheels will give me an additional 1/4" of clearance which will make me much more comfortable. the truck has eaten 2 sensor wires to date.)

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I've been really lazy with updating this thread. ( feels like its been a year, easy.

I'll post updated pics once she's done with the current round of work and ready for the next Exo run in June.

Current work being done by TMX - bedcage rework (complete with cutting the bed floor out and sinking the spares), adding a tube to the front bumper, new wheels/tires (going to 39s or 40s), new Currie rear end w/ 10" ring gear, Change front gear ratio to 4.56, and a few suspension tweaks.

I also bought a superduty to tow my raptor, as driving from new orleans to san diego on 37s was enough for me. not interested in doing the same drive on 40s.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you stuff 39's or 40's under the Robby Woods Carbon? I thought it was optimized for 37's.

Dozer466

Reaction score
Just a word of advice on the Currie, get the fill and drain plugs on it. I don’t have them on mine and it’s a PITA to drain and refill. Who’s third member are you going to be running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Can you stuff 39's or 40's under the Robby Woods Carbon? I thought it was optimized for 37's.

The tires will fit just fine as far as the fenders are concerned.

It is the washer bottle, but most importantly, the headlights, that make fitting 40s a little bit of a challenge. I'm deferring to TMX to figure out how much of a pain it will be.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Just a word of advice on the Currie, get the fill and drain plugs on it. I don’t have them on mine and it’s a PITA to drain and refill. Who’s third member are you going to be running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep! ordered the plugs.

the rear is coming complete from currie. Going with a 4.56 10" ring gear and an ARB. 40 spline. essentially one of their trophy truck rears. I'm hoping it lands before I have to head to socal at the beginning of next month.