Zero Boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gauge never goes past 0. It does go down on the vacuum side but will never go past zero on throttle. I have always felt this truck was very slow. Only have 900 miles so I never wanted to push it until broken in. Well today I pushed it and truck feels slow and no boost.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gauge never goes past 0. It does go down on the vacuum side but will never go past zero on throttle. I have always felt this truck was very slow. Only have 900 miles so I never wanted to push it until broken in. Well today I pushed it and truck feels slow and no boost.
Change the truck to baja mode and floor it. Are you making boost then?

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should see positive pressure on gauge even with cruise control set going up overpasses.
There may be a loose connection on charge air side before the throttle body or even loose wire connection on turbo solenoids.
Just take a quick look at everything and if nothing is obvious take it to dealer. It should not be a big deal for quick service at dealer if it simple.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably an intercooler clamp is off.

Sounds like you've lost a charge pipe connection. Pop the hood and investigate the piping going to and from the intercooler.

There may be a loose connection on charge air side before the throttle body or even loose wire connection on turbo solenoids.
You realize that most people have no idea what any of you are talking about, right? Some of us do. Great advice, but seriously if there's an issue as huge as "zero boost" and only at 900 miles someone is willing to get on the internet before going to the dealer...

OP
OP
R

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fixed it, took me a while because it was hard to see. Charge pipe going in to the throttle body came separated. Bottom clamp was loose and rubber pipe had separated. Got to love driving around sucking in non filtered air. Pretty sure it left the dealer like this.

How does the engine not throw a CEL when it sees full throttle with zero boost. It should know something is not right

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-13-19-58-28-68_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-13-19-58-28-68_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 57

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow you would think it would set a CEL under boost code or something . No bueno on sucking in un-filtered air. I always check my boost clamps on oil changes