Yet another Gen II review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
if you are tribal oriented, previous model year owner rationalizing your decision not to buy the newer model, interjecting into newer model forum topics, desperately trying to convince others - and probably yourself - how right you are and how wrong every auto and truck reviewer is wrong, well in that self constructed reality, yes... there are lots of disappointed owners.

Trying to read this gave me a headache. But if he's correct that .5% are up for sale, that seems to prove that 99.5% are happy campers. I am among them!

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Typically. But Ford hyped the shit out of this thing because they knew they'd have to since the Gen 1 was such an amazing truck and since they had to bring the new one to market with a V6.

Ford is partially to blame for many of the disappointed owners and all the trucks being traded in so soon.

You angry Gen1 owners need to pull your wadded ******* out of your cracks and relax.

So effing insecure about your great trucks that you feel the need to attack those who bought Gen2's and the truck itself which clearly is, IN EVERY WAY, better than the Gen1. Well, better to everyone who's driven or reviewed it except for those who are determined to make an issue over how the two trucks SOUND. Which is another incredibly stupid argument. If you're in love with the V-8 sound then the Gen1 is for you. If you're in love with a truck that's better and you're willing to "suffer" with a TT V-6 sound then the Gen2 is for you.

Do you guys go to the all the other car and truck performance forums and tell them how their non-V8's sound ******? Is that your mission in life?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about raising your reading comprehension, vocabulary, and communication skills above that of a 7-year old?

I didn't say "sports car" - he said "GT" - HE made the comparison. Perhaps you don't know what a GT car is.

And about "being less retarded" - how about showing some respect and compassion for those who have learning and other disabilities - people like yourself.

Says the guy who threw a temper tantrum because a stranger on the internet wasn't 100% in love with a Raptor. You act like the Raptor is your little sister and the dude just molested her. Perhaps you should learn to separate your own self worth from that of your vehicle.

Or don't, and keep crying about what strangers say about a collection of metal plastic and glass. My guess is you'll go the route of more tears.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

You angry Gen1 owners need to pull your wadded ******* out of your cracks and relax.

So effing insecure about your great trucks that you feel the need to attack those who bought Gen2's and the truck itself which clearly is, IN EVERY WAY, better than the Gen1. Well, better to everyone who's driven or reviewed it except for those who are determined to make an issue over how the two trucks SOUND. Which is another incredibly stupid argument. If you're in love with the V-8 sound then the Gen1 is for you. If you're in love with a truck that's better and you're willing to "suffer" with a TT V-6 sound then the Gen2 is for you.

Do you guys go to the all the other car and truck performance forums and tell them how their non-V8's sound ******? Is that your mission in life?

Well at least we can agree on this. If there's anything worse than a defense GEN2 owner, it's a defensive GEN1 owner.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never drove a Gen1 so I don't know what it was like.

But was just at Raptor assault. There were 3 owners of previous gen1's there who all said that their gen2 was drastically better in every way except how it sounds. All 3 were in agreement on that.

The course instructors said you couldn't even compare the 2 because the gen2 was vastly superior off road. They said the gen2 allowed them to take students on roads and hills that they couldn't have with the gen1.

Their words. Not mine.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
How about raising your reading comprehension, vocabulary, and communication skills above that of a 7-year old?

I didn't say "sports car" - he said "GT" - HE made the comparison. Perhaps you don't know what a GT car is.

And about "being less retarded" - how about showing some respect and compassion for those who have learning and other disabilities - people like yourself.

come on guys. Agree, or disagree, but please do it respectfully. if you don’t like others coming in here and snickering about crap, then don’t let stuff devolve into this.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I see someone bumped my thread back up to the top. It's timely, since I just turned 10k miles and have a lot more data points to post a 10k review.

Summary: This has turned out to be the best overall car I have ever owned. Period. Speed, comfort, utility, charisma... this thing brings a smile to my face, and makes my drives much much easier.

Power: It seems to have smoothed out a bit after break-in.

Tranny: Smooth as any auto tranny I have had. I never experienced any of the rough shifting that some early Gen 2 owners noted.

Economy: VERY happy. It improved noticeably after break-in. I can get 19-20 mpg easily on long highway drives under 70, and 12 mpg towing my 5000lb trailer. All with 87 gas. Slightly lower numbers with 93.

Features / ergonomics: Ford deserves a lot of credit for putting some serious thought into the feature set. The AC blower slowing down when you get a phone call, mirrors auto folding (with FORSCAN ofcourse), comfort entry and exit, auto high beams, tailgate down with keyfob, tailgate step, remote start.... I didn't expect such a nice luxury package where everything adds value from an American car, but props to Ford. Very intelligent truck.

Now let's get to the truly awesome parts of this truck.

Towing: I am beyond happy with the Gen 2 as a tow truck. I tow a ~5000lb 7x14 dual axle with electric brakes. Just the "pro trailer backup assist" and the rear view camera that lets you hitch the trailer in the first palce are worth all the $70k I paid. Tow-haul mode is awesome and quite intelligent in its downshifts. I get 12 mpg doing 65 mph or less and couldn't be happier. Makes my summer trips to the various race tracks so stress free. All the knuckle heads that yell "raptor is not for towing" are just spewing out stereotypes. Sure, don't buy a Gen 2 to tow your 12k motor home, but for most normal towing applications, it's a great tow vehicle.

Offroading: I have only been on one rock crawling trip so far (more to come in the fall) and I'd give the Raptor a solid A-. The rear locker was noticeably effective compared to my old truck. I did scrape the front often, but I have the RPG collars on order to raise it a tad, and I was running 12 psi all around that day which in hindsight was too low. Yes its a big truck and breakovers need to be watched, but overall, it wasn't stressful and a lot of fun watching the faces of the jeep wrangler owners.

Since getting the raptor in May, I have hardly driven the Vette, which is sad for the vette, but speaks to how good the Raptor is at being an all around great car. If there is one negative about the Raptor, it's how soft the suspension is. Don't yell "yeah its a desert jumper" at me, I know what it is. But part of me always wishes the ride was just a bit more composed.

I am a very happy Gen 2 owner.

yh5E1A--3Az-XTUfs8XACcAhIqWLgXl1ZNjuYE2KOD6i9eR2d4.jpg

dNVzZrAQtWWAsHnW1XO0y_C7Qx1XEskzTvLCz-rIHKC78b2JXE.jpg

FBNDKNC5Qd11Kei-0cPiq8iVYTL3cNetoFIW0HdVCHhNeFNi-U.jpg

ufiZRyXLoZoW-KbwQOcdIgfh0xbLRQWal6rJ5lAIVzdy8_7v1E.jpg

HLZd9o5gtACM89geoEbyURTw_xRUnecNXOEsBZuc3uYyA8fBZg.jpg

armM5CtFmNMNe-oJBPt772C_PdFpR7WpjLbZim0Ke4xNR1pxMg.jpg

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good to read your updated, well-written review.

Glad you like your Raptor and all that it can do.

Perhaps you'll be able to take it out on some higher speed trails and really enjoy what it can do.