Yet another Gen II review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant believe you run 87

I get better results with 87, both mpg and smoothness in power delivery. You know how you told me way back in the first week of getting the truck "normal is sluggish, sport is too abrupt" After switching to 87, I have turned off my pedal commander altogether because truck feels smoother and more lively even in normal mode.

Try it and decide for yourself.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get better results with 87, both mpg and smoothness in power delivery. After switching to 87, I have turned off my pedal commander altogether because truck feels smoother and more lively even in normal mode.

This makes no sense to me but it is your seat-of-the-pants "feel" that you're talking about.

If there is something to it then I'd like to know why.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Different octane fuels burn at different speeds. 87 burns faster than 93.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Summary: This has turned out to be the best overall car I have ever owned. Period. Speed, comfort, utility, charisma... this thing brings a smile to my face, and makes my drives much much easier.

Power: It seems to have smoothed out a bit after break-in.

Tranny: Smooth as any auto tranny I have had. I never experienced any of the rough shifting that some early Gen 2 owners noted.

Economy: VERY happy. It improved noticeably after break-in. I can get 19-20 mpg easily on long highway drives under 70, and 12 mpg towing my 5000lb trailer. All with 87 gas. Slightly lower numbers with 93.
<merciful snippage>

Welcome to Ecoboost life. :biggrin: