Yet another Gen II review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also noticed that enabling comfort entry and exit forces seat into memory setting 1 when you hit start. Which is good.
Not true. It forces it back to the last memory setting based on the fob last used and it's previous setting.

Pretty slick actually...I have my fob and use it when I drive, it retains my settings, wife drives it with her fob and it will go to her settings. Now to keep track of fobs...

My wife is a couple of inches shorter than me and her memory settings are pretty close...normally don't notice it right away, but it doesn't take typically, but a quarter mile and I know the settings aren't right.

Those of you that think, "big deal just adjust the power settings manually..." well now you also need to adjust your mirrors as well...so fumbling with your seat settings, then fumbling with each driver and passenger mirror setting...much safer to shift into neutral and hit your memory recall button and seat and mirrors go to preset positions and then back into drive.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude, take it easy. My overall review is very positive and I love my truck. IF someone posts an objective critique and you respond by attacking them, it makes you look less of a true auto enthusiast and more of a fanboi.

No fanboi dude. Just questioning your EXPECTATIONS of this truck. It's obvious this is your first pickup truck.

You said, "What makes this a special car is how it can do the GT car, tow car and offroader all in one, turnkey from factory. Exactly what I wanted."

Here's a news flash: The Raptor is NOT a "GT car." And having that expectation is fueling your irrational review of the Raptor.

The truck is light in the back. Do you have any weight in it? Do you know what air pressure is in your tires? Driving it on a slick surface in 2WD with all its power will result in the rear wheels slipping and the back end sliding out.

You possibly didn't know what you were buying and coming from a C7 and whatever else you've driven you're likely unprepared for what the Raptor is.

And, if you've never gone off road I highly recommend you get someone to teach you about 4wheeling. I've seen a number of offroad newbs have a really difficult time off road not know how to drive, how to handle obstacles and terrain, understand what "all the noises are," etc.

Get back to me in a year or so if you still have your Raptor. Then I'll take your review seriously. In the meantime I hope you enjoy what is one of the best vehicles ever made.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No fanboi dude. Just questioning your EXPECTATIONS of this truck. It's obvious this is your first pickup truck.

You said, "What makes this a special car is how it can do the GT car, tow car and offroader all in one, turnkey from factory. Exactly what I wanted."

Here's a news flash: The Raptor is NOT a "GT car." And having that expectation is fueling your irrational review of the Raptor.

The truck is light in the back. Do you have any weight in it? Do you know what air pressure is in your tires? Driving it on a slick surface in 2WD with all its power will result in the rear wheels slipping and the back end sliding out.

You possibly didn't know what you were buying and coming from a C7 and whatever else you've driven you're likely unprepared for what the Raptor is.

And, if you've never gone off road I highly recommend you get someone to teach you about 4wheeling. I've seen a number of offroad newbs have a really difficult time off road not know how to drive, how to handle obstacles and terrain, understand what "all the noises are," etc.

Get back to me in a year or so if you still have your Raptor. Then I'll take your review seriously. In the meantime I hope you enjoy what is one of the best vehicles ever made.

You're confused. I read the OP's post and I didn't see that he expected any differently. He was writing on his observations, not expectations. In fact, he even said he realizes it's not a sports car, maybe you missed it? Stop being whiney little bitch just because he had a few bullet points that weren't glowing reviews.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're confused. I read the OP's post and I didn't see that he expected any differently. He was writing on his observations, not expectations. In fact, he even said he realizes it's not a sports car, maybe you missed it? Stop being whiney little bitch just because he had a few bullet points that weren't glowing reviews.

I don't give a shit that his review wasn't glowing. Problems come when people expect unobtainable and they're disappointed when they don't get them.

Setting proper expectations is what product manufacturers do. But that doesn't keep buyers (or product reviewers) from going well beyond into setting unrealistic hopes.

But as a Jabroni (Urban Dictionary: Jabroni) it appears you don't understand that.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Setting proper expectations is what product manufacturers do.

Typically. But Ford hyped the shit out of this thing because they knew they'd have to since the Gen 1 was such an amazing truck and since they had to bring the new one to market with a V6.

Ford is partially to blame for many of the disappointed owners and all the trucks being traded in so soon.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't give a shit that his review wasn't glowing. Problems come when people expect unobtainable and they're disappointed when they don't get them.

Setting proper expectations is what product manufacturers do. But that doesn't keep buyers (or product reviewers) from going well beyond into setting unrealistic hopes.

But as a Jabroni (Urban Dictionary: Jabroni) it appears you don't understand that.

It appears you're too stupid to understand what you're reading. I'll help you.

Ride is bouncy and uncomposed, steering is sloppy, the whole thing is “floaty.” Calm down Gen II fans, hold the trigger on “you bought a full size pickup what do you expect” comments. Yes, the bouncy ride doesn’t bother me one bit. This is not and will never be a sports car, no matter how much power it makes, the same way as any 5700 lb truck will never be a sports car. The floaty ride is actually an asset, more on that below.

Allow me to translate for your benefit. The above is what he wrote, that means he wasn't expecting the unobtainable as you seem to think he was. Heck, he even predicted there would be morons like yourself who completely lose their shit and you still lost your shit.

Try being less retarded.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Typically. But Ford hyped the shit out of this thing because they knew they'd have to since the Gen 1 was such an amazing truck and since they had to bring the new one to market with a V6.

Ford is partially to blame for many of the disappointed owners and all the trucks being traded in so soon.

LOL! Disappointed owners? Cars.com and Autotrader only have about 0.5% of all 2017 trucks produced listed for sale as used. 1 out of 200 owners "disappointed" doesn't seem too bad to me.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
LOL! Disappointed owners? Cars.com and Autotrader only have about 0.5% of all 2017 trucks produced listed for sale as used. 1 out of 200 owners "disappointed" doesn't seem too bad to me.

if you are tribal oriented, previous model year owner rationalizing your decision not to buy the newer model, interjecting into newer model forum topics, desperately trying to convince others - and probably yourself - how right you are and how wrong every auto and truck reviewer is wrong, well in that self constructed reality, yes... there are lots of disappointed owners.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It appears you're too stupid to understand what you're reading. I'll help you.

Allow me to translate for your benefit. The above is what he wrote, that means he wasn't expecting the unobtainable as you seem to think he was. Heck, he even predicted there would be morons like yourself who completely lose their shit and you still lost your shit.

Try being less retarded.

How about raising your reading comprehension, vocabulary, and communication skills above that of a 7-year old?

I didn't say "sports car" - he said "GT" - HE made the comparison. Perhaps you don't know what a GT car is.

And about "being less retarded" - how about showing some respect and compassion for those who have learning and other disabilities - people like yourself.

Last edited: