WTF 1week Old 37 Avalanche and rear end all rusted from factory.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad OP has a happy ending and that it doesn't take forever to replace the rear. I got a bit paranoid hearing about the rust out there and I suppose most do not like mine. Either way I looked ASAP when I first got the truck! lol
Has that truck ever hit the road? Nice and clean.

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutly perfect Byburger, you paint it before pictures... :emotions33:
If I did painted it... would be full of damn drips! lol Yeah, I was surprised... as if it was built in CA. The odd thing is that I had zero warning my truck was produced and shipped until my dealership said it was incoming (out of nowhere, dealership surprised too) and I got it two weeks later (last month). So I do not think it was sitting around like some of the other trucks with excessive rust OR Ford got its act together on the rust issue.

Been busy so first dirt is this week! Take pic of it at the property and not boring driveway pics ;)

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 with 3800 miles on it and I paused HARD when I saw this. But it’s literally JUST the axle. Glad its not a one off issue, ill be coating it eventually but no biggie.

Attachments

• IMG_3042.jpeg
    IMG_3042.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 37

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my 2020's rear axle would be the same if I didn't protect it few months after delivery(and few weeks ago, I have protected all the frame, 3 or 4 days of labor under the truck, cleaning, removing wire and everything on the frame to do it properly)...Probably a paint fail supplier or something, I don't understand ... morever on 90K $ truck, that sucks ! I hate rust and I hate ford paint QC... My french Renault van 15 years old bought 20k $ in 2008 , almost 200K miles has no point of rust and I never went under to paint it...Shame to Ford and other manufacturer to not be able to deliver rust free parts...

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand when ppl say dont let the dealer touch it.

I am mostly anti-dealer but when there is a warranty in place that covers bump to bump I like free work.
100% agree. That is unacceptable to have that component rusted to that extent. To me that pic is a new axle assembly installed . By the time someone sands and paints a unit swap could be done quicker.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 with 3800 miles on it and I paused HARD when I saw this. But it’s literally JUST the axle. Glad its not a one off issue, ill be coating it eventually but no biggie.
Thats ass get some pb surface shield on that stat it will be gone.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a rust converter spray. Rust oleum makes it, I think. Ends up looking like black paint.It’s not gonna look like a body panel paint job, but good enough for a truck rear end, unless you are building a show truck