WTB wrecked ford raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong guys. I think that all of the caged/LT Raptors out there are really cool, but I just don't want to see anyone wasting money when they don't have to. Most fab shops that build prerunners start with a good solid cab and the frame under the cab. Everything in front of and behind the cab is cut off and tubed out.

I don't know if anyone is stuffing 6.2s into these prerunners. I think they are just mildly building a 5.4, or even swapping to a LS motor and Turbo 400 combination. The interior isn't kept, etc.

Anyhow, do what you want, just remember that you could probably save some decent money, and have an easier time finding a wrecked F150 instead.

Reactions: Rat
OP
OP
Allied Offroad

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong guys. I think that all of the caged/LT Raptors out there are really cool, but I just don't want to see anyone wasting money when they don't have to. Most fab shops that build prerunners start with a good solid cab and the frame under the cab. Everything in front of and behind the cab is cut off and tubed out.

I don't know if anyone is stuffing 6.2s into these prerunners. I think they are just mildly building a 5.4, or even swapping to a LS motor and Turbo 400 combination. The interior isn't kept, etc.

Anyhow, do what you want, just remember that you could probably save some decent money, and have an easier time finding a wrecked F150 instead.

LS!!! shut your mouth, blasphemy!!!

the things that would need to be added to a totalled 2010 f150 to make it similiar to a raptor would put you into almost the same price point as just buying a totalled raptor. Ive spent well over 10k (and several hundred hours) on my last truck build, and although it had more suspesion travel and more power it would not even have close to the offroad ability as the raptor. the main reasons being the off road mode, selectable locker, lower A-arms and just the fact that it was built from the factory for this sport (read frame/mounts)

besides i learned this lesson on my last truck. nobody makes preunner/desrt style parts for a 1997 F250 HD with D50 twin traction beams. they make them for 1996 bronco and F150's with Dana 44 TTB. so i had to make/design alot of my own parts. I'd rather just start with the right truck first. plus i would to mock up parts off this truck anyways for a retail market.

Attachments

• IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 63

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
LS!!! shut your mouth, blasphemy!!!

the things that would need to be added to a totalled 2010 f150 to make it similiar to a raptor would put you into almost the same price point as just buying a totalled raptor. Ive spent well over 10k (and several hundred hours) on my last truck build, and although it had more suspesion travel and more power it would not even have close to the offroad ability as the raptor. the main reasons being the off road mode, selectable locker, lower A-arms and just the fact that it was built from the factory for this sport (read frame/mounts)

besides i learned this lesson on my last truck. nobody makes preunner/desrt style parts for a 1997 F250 HD with D50 twin traction beams. they make them for 1996 bronco and F150's with Dana 44 TTB. so i had to make/design alot of my own parts. I'd rather just start with the right truck first. plus i would to mock up parts off this truck anyways for a retail market.

Frame mounts are the same on a stock f150 of the same years as the Raptor. Ask SDHQ, thats how they did their EcoBoob Raptor.

You definitely don't see many 3/4ton prerunners. Most everyone goes 2x4 too.

OP
OP
Allied Offroad

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frame mounts are the same on a stock f150 of the same years as the Raptor. Ask SDHQ, thats how they did their EcoBoob Raptor.

You definitely don't see many 3/4ton prerunners. Most everyone goes 2x4 too.

I disagree, there are quite a few 3/4 ton prerunners. this one is my favorite! this one came out in Off Road Mag as i was building my truck.

here is the link 1996 Ford F-250 - Off Road Ford Trucks - Off-Road Magazine

As for the frame mounts, did not know that. But Connor from Outlaw Offroad was saying there are quite a few differences in Raptors and F150's, mostly in the cab though. i will look into this though.

Attachments

• 1102or_04_+1996_ford_f250+front_end.jpg
    1102or_04_+1996_ford_f250+front_end.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 827

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dont let negative nancies and debbie downers get.to you.. We need kick ass fabricators for the Raptor... Especially in the midwest!

-Greg

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Dont let negative nancies and debbie downers get.to you.. We need kick ass fabricators for the Raptor... Especially in the midwest!

-Greg

AGREED! If you want it, then get it. Your choice, no one elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.