WTB wrecked ford raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was a kid that picked up a wrecked molten orange raptor. Everyone was giving him crap until they saw his workmanship.

I say go with what you want, otherwise you won't be happy. The cool thing is you can use a cab off any 'ol F150 to replace the damaged 'raptor' cab. Then pick and choose which stuff to keep raptor and which to improve.

Edit:

Don't knock the LS powerplants, I'd trade my 6.2 for an LS7 any day of the week.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an ls3 6.2 in a project car would not trade it for anything! Except maybe an LS7 or LS9

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would love to find a wrecked F150 RCSB. i have a full raptor suspension and the front fenders laying around. could make a cool shop truck!

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
i would love to find a wrecked F150 RCSB. i have a full raptor suspension and the front fenders laying around. could make a cool shop truck!

I'm guessing that there is a raptor around SA with a long travel kit on it? Wish it made the raptor run.

Rat

Reaction score
LS!!! shut your mouth, blasphemy!!!

the things that would need to be added to a totalled 2010 f150 to make it similiar to a raptor would put you into almost the same price point as just buying a totalled raptor. Ive spent well over 10k (and several hundred hours) on my last truck build, and although it had more suspesion travel and more power it would not even have close to the offroad ability as the raptor. the main reasons being the off road mode, selectable locker, lower A-arms and just the fact that it was built from the factory for this sport (read frame/mounts)

besides i learned this lesson on my last truck. nobody makes preunner/desrt style parts for a 1997 F250 HD with D50 twin traction beams. they make them for 1996 bronco and F150's with Dana 44 TTB. so i had to make/design alot of my own parts. I'd rather just start with the right truck first. plus i would to mock up parts off this truck anyways for a retail market.

NICE old full size 2x4 or 4x4

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure where all ya'll are looking for these totals at, but below is a link to what I believe is the largest insurance auction company in the nation. I've been to a few of their auctions, and most of the stuff is real rough. They are open to the public and you can bid live online, its a couple hundred bucks to register, but thats good for 6 months or a year? If this stuff is too rough, one of my best friends sells used vehicles and can get into the Manheim & ADESA auctions. They run some damaged, repossesed, stolen vehicles thru those auctions also, but usually they are still in such good shape that they are outrageously priced for what you wanna do. PM me if you wanna go that route and I will get you his contact info.

https://www.iaai.com

asib2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure where all ya'll are looking for these totals at, but below is a link to what I believe is the largest insurance auction company in the nation. I've been to a few of their auctions, and most of the stuff is real rough. They are open to the public and you can bid live online, its a couple hundred bucks to register, but thats good for 6 months or a year? If this stuff is too rough, one of my best friends sells used vehicles and can get into the Manheim & ADESA auctions. They run some damaged, repossesed, stolen vehicles thru those auctions also, but usually they are still in such good shape that they are outrageously priced for what you wanna do. PM me if you wanna go that route and I will get you his contact info.

https://www.iaai.com

Manheim has lots of wrecked f-150 usually they are from rental car companies and they unload them for a descent price too.

Status
Not open for further replies.