Wtb road legal fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jake nobody cares about your 50w bar or the same photo you plaster all over this forum, ESPECIALLY when it has nothing to do with the OP working with Nick over at apollo... i mean how desperate are you to spam your amazon links and the same photo of that truck?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Baja designs setup with a pair of pro spots, pro combination, and pro wide s2. I point them all down with the exception of the spots which I run just in front of the headlights and...

I run all of them on and street drive with no issues.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why pay that much for offroad lights if you're going to point them in the dirt? If you throw that many lumens at the ground in front of you, you're going to kill your night vision and then your spots will seem dimmer as well as losing vision for anything outside of your spots..

Last edited:

TMart

Reaction score
Best practices

Thanks for the info. I'm a prospective new owner. I'm trying to get everything in place before my '18 Screw arrives. Any best practices for how to program these or what aux switches to use?

OP
OP
F

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question, for those who installed with the ready wiring harness, what path did you use to pass the wires from the bumper to the aux bundle?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm a prospective new owner. I'm trying to get everything in place before my '18 Screw arrives. Any best practices for how to program these or what aux switches to use?

Your best bet is to use the switches that have the closest amp rating to the load your putting on them.

AUX 1: 15A
AUX 2: 15A
AUX 3: 10A
AUX 4: 10A
AUX 5: 5A
AUX 6: 5A

Say you're wiring up only two Rigid Dually lights, they have less than 5A draw, so put those on switch 5 or 6. This way, you leave the larger amp switches open for larger loads down the line.

Let me know if I can help out a setup together for you!

When does your new truck arrive?

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Baja designs setup with a pair of pro spots, pro combination, and pro wide s2. I point them all down with the exception of the spots which I run just in front of the headlights and...

I run all of them on and street drive with no issues.

I run one set of pros angled down as fogs due to the fact that the bd kit really doesn't allow the center squadron to be pointed any higher (on my truck anyway) and have had zero issues whatsoever. https://imgur.com/SL6g4ex

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple shots of my install. BD Racers on the inside, BD Pro Driving in the middle and Rigid SAE Fogs on the outside. I had to cut the Rigid brackets to get the fogs high enough and then cantilever them off the end of the NFAB mounting plate to get them far enough to the outside. I did that by just mounting the left side of the light to the right side of the bracket. Fortunately the Rigid brackets are stout enough that they'll work that way without any vibration. I also reversed the brackets on the BDs to pull them farther forward.

By doing it all that way, the lights are evenly spaced and none of the lights interfere with the beam patterns of the others. I can stand about 6' in front of the truck and see the full lenses of both the middle and outer pairs. The spots are a bit close to the inside, but they're narrow enough that the bumper shouldn't interfere with their beam pattern.

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

Last edited: