WSI lightbar rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Ok as promised. This rack "can" work with the Roll-X as long as you are willing to deal with a workaround. You cannot roll it up as normal, when you get to the rack, you have to lift up on it and jiggle it to get it to lay oblong, then you can roll it further then lift it up again and tighten the roll (a little bit more difficult but not bad at all).
ze7e5a7a.jpg
mavehuhu.jpg

Rack is bad ass though. Here are some pics

ahu5ada8.jpg
vu4unara.jpg

u8e9eras.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

All I am doing is flipping on Aux1. The lights turn on and the motor moves the bar up. I turn Aux1 off, the lights turn off and the motor moves the bar down. All done with just one relay and someone who knows electricity, a buddy of mine. Jimmy installed the rack and lights but it was beyond his expertise how to wire it how I wanted it. (His option was to put a different toggle switch in the console to lift the bar and Aux1 to turn on the lights). We finished it all from the light rack. Jimmy made an attempt but we ended up pulling all his wires out.

y8upysej.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty slick! Never occurred to me to try wiring it up like that.

I just installed a separate switch for folding it. (Actually don't mind it since sometimes I like to just have them up and not on)

As far as the wiring of the power fold goes (with a seperate switch), it's actually pretty easy. All you need is one of these: Polarity Reversing Rocker Switch

Then just wire like this. 31LQXyd6JNL.jpg (wasn't sure on what kind of draw the powerfold actually has, but I wired a 20 amp inline blade fuse just to be safe)

Hardest part is deciding where to locate the switch. I wanted it out of the way, yet easily reachable while in the drivers seat. I ended up putting it in the center of the panel just below the headlight control. Cant see it unless you look for it and when you do see it, it looks close to factory.

Only suggestion I have for Jimmy on future builds... Weld a wire channel onto the inside front right of the rack. Would eliminate the need for so many zipties and give it a much cleaner look.