WSI lightbar rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Hey RDFTS. What finish is on yours?
Also can you take a pick of how it's bolted from the inside?
Thanks jimmy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Line-x coated. You talking about under the bed rails? Will be back home tomorrow and can take some pics, been busy enjoying my vacation.

DDSMECH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line-x coated. You talking about under the bed rails? Will be back home tomorrow and can take some pics, been busy enjoying my vacation.

Yes if you can thank you. I want to see how it bolts thinking about ordering one!

D

Deleted member 12951

Okay here are some close up pics of what some people have been asking. The actuator looks like there is a bolt welded to the tube to mount the bottom and the top is obvious when you see the pic. There is just one bolt on each bar plate on top of the bed rails. Drilling a hole is needed, of course. The only thing I am not sure is why the wing nut and then a nylon nut on top? WSI installed the rack. It did come loose on my last raptor run, just one on each side but was able to tighten back up. Would like to have the plate sit more flush on the bed rail or some custom plastic spacer in the shape of the rail grooves would make it top notch. Overall, still liking the lightbar rack

Pics are of each bolt and each side
use4u6yr.jpg
3y4ebaqu.jpg

py3ysyje.jpg

azu7egez.jpg

Pics on top on both sides and how it sits
ututasaq.jpg

qujynedu.jpg

6ehy2u8a.jpg

evuvadev.jpg

Actuator mounting
a8azajy7.jpg

ru2u6uby.jpg

DDSMECH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay here are some close up pics of what some people have been asking. The actuator looks like there is a bolt welded to the tube to mount the bottom and the top is obvious when you see the pic. There is just one bolt on each bar plate on top of the bed rails. Drilling a hole is needed, of course. The only thing I am not sure is why the wing nut and then a nylon nut on top? WSI installed the rack. It did come loose on my last raptor run, just one on each side but was able to tighten back up. Would like to have the plate sit more flush on the bed rail or some custom plastic spacer in the shape of the rail grooves would make it top notch. Overall, still liking the lightbar rack

Thank you for the pics.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bump...

Any thoughts regarding RDFTS's idea of a "custom plastic spacer in the shape of the rail grooves"?

Last edited:

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can easily be done. Just get some black Teflon and a router and get at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanx. Kinda...

That's a start...Where do I get Black Teflon from?

I have the router and ability but want something that will stand up to the pressure I'll place on it by using the router and bolting this rack on top of it. Then I will tighten it down to secure it.

I've never worked with teflon before... Will it harden or is it already solid? Paintable or black to begin with?

Please explain / expand for those of us who have NO CLUE how to work with teflon...

Thanx

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Negative you can get Teflon block from McMaster Carr, grainger etc. comes on variety of shapes and thickness and length, it has low compressibility, it'll hold several hundreds of pounds. Comes in black or white typically. It's soft enough for regular cutting tools. A router table saw etc,

Measure the gaps on the bed. Setup a strait edge and set the depth of you router blade and do it.

Your over thinking it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk